Thought it might be a better idea to hijack this thread instead of starting a new one but does anyone know of any upcoming phones that could make a good replacement for the N900?

In the UK, needs to be a slide out QWERTY and have a decent CPU, dual core will do.

Any ideas?

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
samsung captivate glide, but it runs android

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
is that available in the UK? Can't find it on any network providers.

+ stipulation: Needs to be available on contract

The Following User Says Thank You to Spotfist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
The only replacement is the N9.

A satisfied N900 owner should not migrate to another company and a totally different OS.

It's a big change in both the company's and the Operating system's philosophy.

N9 might have some shortcomings (compared to the N900) but it is a revelation in many other aspects (mainly in how the OS works)

Last edited by HELLASISGREECE; 2012-03-30 at 16:16.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
im not a fanboy, i just like the OS of N900 and N9, never say never to others that offer you better at the same price, be logical, no offense

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
The only replacement is the N9.

A satisfied N900 owner should migrate to another company and a totally different OS.

It's a big change in both the company's and the Operating system's philosophy.

N9 might have some shortcomings (compared to the N900) but it is a revelation in many other aspects (mainly in how the OS works)
from where you gonna get the qwerty and a hot super terminal sudo?

The Following User Says Thank You to imo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
is that available in the UK? Can't find it on any network providers.

+ stipulation: Needs to be available on contract
Saw u on 99... nw its century... cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to immi.shk For This Useful Post:
the N9 is not my ideal replacement for the N900 at the moment, I want a new phone not something a year old else I might aswell stay with the N900.

I also want a flip out QWERTY keyboard. Samsung glide would be a much better option but is not available in the UK, not that I can see anyway.

@immi.shk lol thanks

Last edited by Spotfist; 2012-03-30 at 12:57.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ London
My solution so far has been to get N9 as my primary phone and for the missing features to buy a mini 5inch tablet from a chinese company running android. I use the mini tablet for car GPS, FM transmitter and all the things you can find in the android market that are not in the N9. So far, I stopped using N900, although I will keep it as that precious minilaptop that brought me to Linux and made me want to learn more about it. Before I was purely a Microsoft windows sheep. Now all my computers have a Linux distro as primary OS. Thanks N900 for opening my eyes! Shame Nokia did this to you and your progeny...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jecargo22 For This Useful Post:
I do love the N900 but I wan something with a little bit more kick to it and I feel like I am being left behind what with all the apps out for android. I don't want to be carrying around additional devices, I want one to do it all. My N900 does this job fairly well so there is no turning back

As I said a QWERTY keypad is a must for gaming and typing. I wanted a droid/milestone 4 but alas it got fairly crap reviews and still hasn't made it to the UK. not one single flip out QWERTY so far this year and both HTC and sony have released a load of phones!? Where is the desire Z replacement or the soney xperia mini 2?