Posts: 33 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ USA, Michigan
This isn't the same problem that I have seen other places in thie forum. Its the Unable to retrieve IP address error, but it happened out of the blue.
I had it connecting to a router (acting as an access point) for about 2 weeks, and now i can't connect to that router, or several others that it had been connecting to fine.

I tried Manually setting the ip and dns etc. It said that it had connected to the network, but i was not getting internet.

I tried deleting the connection, adn reseting the router, both did not work.

I think it s a problem with the n810, because i cannot connect to any connection now, and i was previously able.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Clockwork.

Hi,
same problem here.
It has happened several days ago after some update, where the package udhcpc was updated.
So I've solved it by manually downloading and installing of this version: http://repository.maemo.org/pool/dia...sso6_armel.deb

Finally run the command:
echo "udhcpc hold" ¦ dpkg --set-selections
to keep the package non-updateble.

If someone has better solutions, I'd like to know.

Bye,
Zdenek

The Following User Says Thank You to zzavadil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ USA, Michigan
Thanks!
I can confirm that this was my problem, and that this solution works.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Hi!

I'm suffering from the same problem here. My AP is Buffalo Airstation and it's configured properly for wi-fi which I use with my laptop. Before I could connect my N810 with no problems but not anymore.

I tried to install that udhcpc file, but my device says that I have installed it before and cannot update because it's not compatible.

Strange...
Did you upgrade your system to the latest version? What's the exact error message?