Notices

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2016 @ Yekaterinbourg, Russia
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
I was expecting to see flag icon variations when searching for languages in a prominent search engine. As a result, it was prominently presented with chat icons using "A" and some symbol from Eastern languages. In our case, where we have geography mixed with linguistics - flags could mean different things . Although, it something that user cannot choose => we can put flags for languages as well.

With the country (going to be downloaded, present or absent on device), we have Earth as a symbol. However, its actually a country out of it, not full planet. Not that it makes icons easier...
hmm... for ex. Russia is multilingual country, but subjects have their own flags...

It's possible use icon from @olf, but maybe add an Arabic or other character?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
Sorry if mentioned already - I scanned, but don't have lots of time.. Having an issue on SF 3.0.3 where I'm not allowed to select a custom map storage. If I get to the 'select folder' screen, and go to settings, and select custom folder, (and click 'accept'), it still just stays stuck on that screen. I tried to trick it by clicking on 'create default', then going on to the rest of the setup, and then moving the contents of the default folder to a different folder, and selecting that folder in settings, but sure enough, maps are not identified, and when closing and reopening the app, it's back to being stuck on the 'select folder' screen, even though the custom folder is still selected, and the map files are there.
Anyone else? Thanks
Haven't heard about this problem before. Would you mind to start the server from terminal and paste stdout?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
As for icons - maybe we are overthinking it. In the end, its not that frequent users are navigating in the server. If we do go for 3-line flag, I'd prefer to get medium grey on top, darker gray in the middle, and white on the bottom. Just for personal geo-reasons

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
[...]If we do go for 3-line flag, I'd prefer to get medium grey on top, darker gray in the middle, and white on the bottom. [...]
But then the medium gray top stripe of the first flag borders to the medium gray, second flag along the whole width of the flags.
What about dark gray on top, white in the middle and medium gray at the bottom?

P.S.: While it will be unavoidable that any combination of three grayscale, horizontal stripes on a flag will look similar to a specific country's flag, avoiding combinations akin to the most common country flags makes sense.

Last edited by olf; 2019-05-02 at 16:22.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Haven't heard about this problem before. Would you mind to start the server from terminal and paste stdout?
Code:
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ harbour-osmscout-server
harbour-osmscout-server: /usr/share/harbour-osmscout-server/lib/libz.so.1: version `ZLIB_1.2.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/libpng16.so.16)
I checked for zlib and I have devel version offered by pkcon, but it's 1.2.11 ... (incidentally, zlib site says "Due to the bug fixes, any installations of 1.2.9 or 1.2.10 should be immediately replaced with 1.2.11...)

Last edited by levone1; 2019-05-02 at 02:10.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Next suggestion:
Attached Images

Last edited by Fellfrosch; 2019-05-02 at 09:21.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Next suggestion:
Looks nice, thank you! Maybe too much details on device, but that we can see when trying...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
I will upload the SVGs tomorrow. Have to make some smaller corrections before.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Next suggestion:
These are nice!

Minor nitpicking:
- In icon #2, the gaps in the folder's top line to the left and right of the arrow head do not look equally sized.
- In icon #3, both gaps in the folder's top line (to the left and right of the globe) seem to be equally sized, but smaller than either corresponding gap in icon #2.
- Suggestion: Make all four gaps the same size, preferably (IMO) using the biggest extant gap (the one to the right of the arrow head in icon #2).

HTH

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Ok made some smaller changes and tried to react on olf's nitpicking, which isn't so easy, because if I really choose the same gapsize everywhere it doesn't look right. It simply looks different if you have the same distance to a vertical line or to a diagonal.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip OSM.zip (12.8 KB, 14 views)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles