It's amazing how fast HTC was able to port their WM TouchFlo to Android, on their new HTC Hero. They've added a lot of stuff too like customizing screens with the use of widgets .

Check out the video here: http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/24/h...s-own-website/

The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
I just wish the Hero didn't have the big chin and trackball ... and I wish it DID have a physical keyboard and a dpad. HTC finally released a device with a 3.5mm jack!

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Darmstadt, Germany
Still could be my next phone, as my trusty SE M600i starts getting old and showing it....

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It has FP10, and a very nice interface... I'm interested.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Looks like about half of that interface is the TouchFlo ported from WM

I liked that interface with widgets quite a lot.
In fact the device looks neat too.

Now if only... I had the money for an unlocked device :-)

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Looks like about half of that interface is the TouchFlo ported from WM
Exactly. I think this will cause quite a stir on the WM camp. HTC's innovation sort of keeps WM exciting but now, porting TouchFLO 3D to Andrioid (as Sense), with so much more features, WM users will ask for similar features on TouchFLO which might be harder to implement.

HTC's advantage with Android is they can work closely and integrate with the OS, not like WM, where they only can build on top.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
I picked up a Google Ion about a month back when they given out at the I/O conference and I've fallen in love with Android.

I find the java ide frustrating, and somewhat limiting from a performance perspective. But I also have no doubt that Google will make sure this is a leading platform with consistent updates and cutting edge technologies.

The only thing I found interesting from this release is the multi-touch capabilities, which aren't fully baked into the standard Google releases. The code is there, but buggy and disabled... It is my hope that it was developed by Google, and is just pre-released on this Hero ROM.

Zooming with buttons is very archaic in this day and age of multi-touch. The Palm Pre and iPhone are excellent in this regards, and now apparently the HTC Hero is too.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Just installed WM65 on my Eten - slightly faster and more of the same old interface... Except it has touch scrolling diagonal start menu?!?, highly unusable scrolling today screen and IE6 engine browser... and I hoped IE6 will die.