Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I went last week to a carrier's shop, and I asked for the price of the N900. The lady there told me they don't have it in stock. We did have it for a while, but there is not much availability for this phone. It's not even on the pricelist anymore. I went to the other two major carriers and no-one had the phone. Not even a price for it...

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-09-18 at 09:59.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Danmark
Well it just got back in stock at my carrier. After 1.5 months. So i think they weren't expecting so many orders, also they weren't expecting so many recalls (see usb port, and display problems).

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
That they don't even have a price bothers me. They also don't have it on the e-shop I bought it.

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-09-18 at 09:59.

thats all good. if a phone is discontinued and it breaks you get a choice of a newer one on the insurance

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
but there is not much availability for this phone.
Some basic information, like your country, would be welcome. :-)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
yep. considering that I've just ordered mine just a few hours ago

but still I don't think they've discontinued, since in Denmark they were all sold out, except some crappy estores. and now everybody restock. I really think they have a stocking problem, especially since they are just launching it in Brazil (I read somewhere around here, that they are launching it there this month or in may, and they've promised meego with it)

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by emeni View Post
(I read somewhere around here, that they are launching it there this month or in may, and they've promised meego with it)
sources are strongly required....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
I really doubt that. Here in Finland largest unlocked phone seller(verkkokauppa.com) have had since the launch 2-4 weeks waiting time to get one and even more in the first weeks.

I guess this is mostly because for a first time high end phone that Nokia seems to have some real demand aren't made in Finland and just as importantly they are only made in Nokia's South Korea factory.
Nokia's Finland factory is their second largets and only makes N and E series phones. N97 is at least made in Finland and China and they could keep up with the 2 million sold in 2-3 months. It sure seems like Nokia was surprised by the demand.

Discontinued? Are you out of your mind?

Seriously people use your grey matter.

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
sources are strongly required....
You do know that you could use the search tool: meego, Brazil N900 right?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=48124

here you go

The Following User Says Thank You to emeni For This Useful Post: