Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
FWIW, still writing the table to serve as a knowledgebase for which settings perform best with the best battery savings. I've gone away from msm-mpdecision lately, so still testing and I'll have the table done ASAP.
Don't hesitate to post even a draft of your knowledge base. At the moment I can see the phone go from fully charged to empty in one night.

The Following User Says Thank You to maximilian1st For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Originally Posted by maximilian1st View Post
Don't hesitate to post even a draft of your knowledge base. At the moment I can see the phone go from fully charged to empty in one night.
download an app like sysmon to keep controlled your cpu usage. It happens that it remains to 60% even with no app opened, then the solution could be restart the phone. If someone knows how to kill processes that cause it, please tell us how to do it!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Regarding the GPS issue above:

I've fixed the GPS issues on my end. I'm using an old baseband and I made some edits to /system/etc/gps.conf:
I'd like to edit gps.conf to see if editing the NTP Server makes a difference (the default already points to the google supl server), but /system/etc/ appears to be a read-only folder. Any thoughts on how I can give myself write permission?

The Following User Says Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
I'd like to edit gps.conf to see if editing the NTP Server makes a difference (the default already points to the google supl server), but /system/etc/ appears to be a read-only folder. Any thoughts on how I can give myself write permission?
maybe using a root enabled file manager? As filecase root for example.

The Following User Says Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
You can mount /system as read/write with:
Code:
devel-su mount /system -o remount,rw,relatime,data=ordered
This is temporary and will revert to read-only on reboot.

You can verify it is now mounted read/write with:
Code:
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ mount | grep /dev/mmcblk0p25
You should see a result like (note the "rw". If it were read only, it would be "ro"):
Code:
/dev/mmcblk0p25 on /system type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)

Last edited by deprecated; 2016-12-19 at 21:47.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
You can mount /system as read/write with:
Code:
devel-su mount /system -o remount,rw,relatime,data=ordered
Thank you. I was able to successfully edit gps.conf in vi.

Agps now seems to work for me (i.e., I can generally get a fix in seconds now, compared to several minutes with gps only), with a change to an ntp.org NTP server. Flashing the radio was unnecessary.

In the Settings>Location menu, clicking "High-accuracy positioning" and "Device-only mode" seems to work the best for me, though I did not test that rigorously (so that may not be a real finding).

I am on the hardware adaptation associated with the CM12 2.0.1.11 image, OTA'd to 2.0.5.6...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
Thank you. I was able to successfully edit gps.conf in vi.

Agps now seems to work for me (i.e., I can generally get a fix in seconds now, compared to several minutes with gps only), with a change to an ntp.org NTP server. Flashing the radio was unnecessary.

In the Settings>Location menu, clicking "High-accuracy positioning" and "Device-only mode" seems to work the best for me, though I did not test that rigorously (so that may not be a real finding).

I am on the hardware adaptation associated with the CM12 2.0.1.11 image, OTA'd to 2.0.5.6...
Glad that worked for you. It may be my region or environment, but GPS only worked for me after the edits to gps.conf AND the baseband from 4.4.3. May I ask what GPS app you're using on 2.0.5.6?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Glad that worked for you. It may be my region or environment, but GPS only worked for me after the edits to gps.conf AND the baseband from 4.4.3. May I ask what GPS app you're using on 2.0.5.6?
I use the latest version of Poor Maps.

The Nexus 5 is really nice on paper, and when it works. But it seems like you don't know what you are going to get with the hardware. I've returned one because LTE didn't work, and then I returned another one where LTE worked but not wifi. I completely believe a situation where reverting to an older radio would be a legitimate fix for one group of owners, unnecessary for a second group, and unworkable for a third.

Say what you will about the old Nokia, but you could generally rely on build quality meeting a certain standard.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
Say what you will about the old Nokia, but you could generally rely on build quality meeting a certain standard.
Absolutely. Prior to the Stephen Elop takeover, Nokia were incredible devices in QA and build quality, especially those made in Finland. That's because they have always been PROUD of their image and brand, not just their bottom line. It's a shame that, even though the N9 design lived on in Lumia models, Nokia has been reduced to a Windows OEM farm.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
So, i kind of got cm13 working on our Nexus5...

First i wanna thank all the people of #sailfish-porters who helped me..thank you guys!

Today i installed my first compiled version and it booted

But that is so far the only thing its doing

WIFI doesn't work...
Cellular doesn' work...
Bluetooth doesn't work...
Camera doesn't work...

The gui doesn't start, because of oom_adjust errors(got thi solved by editing many systemd services, then the gui comes up, but this was only to see if the gui is working.)

Sound works.
Vibration works.
Touch works.
Buttons work.
Telnet and SSH (both using USB) work.
Charging works.
Led works.

So, many things to figure out, but it looks promising :-)

I'll keep you updated.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid