Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I use it, no problem so far. I did not test audio though, as my N900 is in Silent mode 99% of the time.

This is the "web-dev" image, which has not the problem of missing /var/cache/apt/archives/partial directory reported by AndrewX192 himself.

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
Having a big partition could be useful the possibility to qchroot a folder.

I.e. suppose that /dev/mmcblk1p1 is a 8GB ext4 partition mounted to /home/user/extra-space.
You could have:
  • /home/user/extra-space/EasyDebian/
  • /home/user/extra-space/MeeGo/
  • /home/user/extra-space/Ubuntu/
  • /home/user/extra-space/Fedora/
  • /home/user/extra-space/Nitdroid/
  • /home/user/extra-space/SDK/

Examining EasyChroot's scripts, It seems that qchroot and qmount are designed to support this utilization kind also.

And theorically the command to issue is: qchroot none /extra-space/EasyDebian/
But unfortunately it not works because qmount always requires an image file or a block device on first parameter

I am wrong or there is a bug in EasyChroot ?

Last edited by Fabry; 2011-07-16 at 11:39.

He claims that he did apt-get update and apt-get upgrade, pinning only pulseuadio. Does it mean that gconf2 was upgraded also, introducing all troubles? Or he did it only with "safe" repos? Can anyone confirm it? I would do it myself, but playing with new Ed images on 2.5G connection would take ages, and kill my data limit few times i suppose
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Sound works, though I wasn't able to start music player. Aqualung did work.
I did not encounter bugs, but I don't recall what the Gconf problems were to be honest.
I only used OO, Gimp, and Iceweasel so far. All of them work, Iceweasel is not very stable.

So he updated with compatible repos, cause otherwise, You would see LibreOffice instead of OO (I would *love* to see working LibreOffice in ED - unfortunately, it requires gconf2 update... Same for new version of GIMP )
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Fabry was right, "none" didn't work as a parameter of qchroot.

I've uploaded version 0.3.5 to Extras-Devel. It works now, I think.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
I would really appreciate help with setting right and middle click "emulation", as described here:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Ovi_Maps_Extra_Features

Of course, i wanted to ask Rebhana first, but unfortunately, he got Pm's disabled, so i decided to post here.

I did exactly as in His instruction, (by the way, where should we install xdotool - in maemo, or in ED? I tried within maemo first, then installed also in ED - so I have it in both maemo and ED now) ho ever, I still can't get right/middle click taps. I tried with iceweasel, for example. As example, I used dictionary checking - context menu with propositions for correct spelling should appear, upon R-click @ underlined incorrect word.

Also,, I'm pretty sure that other modifications I did in /home/user/.xbindkeysrc work without any problems. Which is even more strange, I'm sure *somehow* binding FN+tap and Shift+tap works - when i try to use that, cursor is "frozen" in one place, until I release Fn/Shift (without modification, Fn or Shift didn't affected cursor in any way). Still, context menu isn't displayed.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Last edited by Estel; 2011-07-20 at 13:17.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I would really appreciate help with setting right and middle click "emulation", as described here:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Ovi_Maps_Extra_Features

Of course, i wanted to ask Rebhana first, but unfortunately, he got Pm's disabled, so i decided to post here.

I did exactly as in His instruction, (by the way, where should we install xdotool - in maemo, or in ED? I tried within maemo first, then installed also in ED - so I have it in both maemo and ED now) ho ever, I still can't get right/middle click taps. I tried with iceweasel, for example. As example, I used dictionary checking - context menu with propositions for correct spelling should appear, upon R-click @ underlined incorrect word.

Also,, I'm pretty sure that other modifications I did in /home/user/.xbindkeysrc work without any problems. Which is even more strange, I'm sure *somehow* binding FN+tap and Shift+tap works - when i try to use that, cursor is "frozen" in one place, until I release Fn/Shift (without modification, Fn or Shift didn't affected cursor in any way). Still, context menu isn't displayed.
Don't know if this will help but there are several related posts about right click and such around here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2037

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Thank You very much,

"xdotool click 3"
m:0x80 + b:1 + release

...work fine. That was my *facepalm* moment - I typed "click3", without space... I was so sure that it's how it looks like in Rebhana wiki, that I was about to report typo there - but i checked again, and that was just me 0_o

In my opinion, it works so great and reliably, that it should be default setting in ED.

By the way - sorry if it was posted before - when app (like Iceweasel) is started from outside LXDE, context menus work *only* when not in fullscreen. It's not that right/middle click or long tap doesn't work - it *work*, but context menu is just not shown. Switching back from fullscreen reveal "hidden" context menu. No big deal, but is it normal?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
By the way - sorry if it was posted before - when app (like Iceweasel) is started from outside LXDE, context menus work *only* when not in fullscreen. It's not that right/middle click or long tap doesn't work - it *work*, but context menu is just not shown. Switching back from fullscreen reveal "hidden" context menu. No big deal, but is it normal?
I noticed that as well in Iceweasel, but I'm pretty sure that it does not happen in *every* fullscreen app launched using "debbie". I have not used ED since several days so I don't remember quite well, but I'm almost sure that I did think something like "Oh well, that fullscreen bug in Iceweasel does not happen in every app apparently!"; maybe it was in Epiphany or Midori.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Fabry was right, "none" didn't work as a parameter of qchroot.

I've uploaded version 0.3.5 to Extras-Devel. It works now, I think.
I'm must admit that I did not understand very well the post of Fabry, perhaps because of my bad English. What is this new argument for "qchroot" for, what are its benefits, and how should we use it?

Last edited by Kabouik; 2011-07-21 at 22:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze