Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
To be honest, I can't really understand the discussion here. Why is here always talked about different communities.
When I got it right, Jolla wants to have another platform on www.jollausers.com. What's wrong with that. I still don't see two communities but only two platforms for one community.
Does Jolla want jollausers.com? I thought it was maintained by a couple of guys (or gals or both) from Croatia.

If I were Jolla, I would certainly want some sort of platform that I control (e.g., delete nonsense posts, set rules), but otherwise I agree with you that one community could be spread around several platforms/sites.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Does Jolla want jollausers.com? I thought it was maintained by a couple of guys (or gals or both) from Croatia.

If I were Jolla, I would certainly want some sort of platform that I control (e.g., delete nonsense posts, set rules), but otherwise I agree with you that one community could be spread around several platforms/sites.
I don't know if jollausers.com is where jolla wants to have its platform. I tjought it is jollausers but maybe I go that wrong. In the end that doesn't matter, it only shows that the community spreads already over different platforms.

I think Jolla plans to open some official Sailfish forum (somewhere here? https://sailfishos.org/community.html). Jollausers was just mentioned in the conversation.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by stezz View Post
==About things to do==
.... we had to find money and people that believed in our idea,.....
== about community ==

I kept reading posts and posts where it is clear that the assumption is that this is the only community and the only type of community possible ever. There is nothing else than TMO and if you want to be really a real geek you have to be in TMO (poor guys in Ubuntu forums).

There are other kinds of people out there. Fanboys, critics, other geeks, hardcore developers, gurus, kids that will like to play with something new, dads that want to make a gift to their wives.

These guys will come here and will be scared away by the same guys that go to jollausers forum and feel pity for these poor guys.

So please try to stop a moment and think how big is the world and how many kind of persons exist.

A lot of preorders and people who beilve, come from here.
Do not compare Ubuntu community and TMO. They do not come here some time ago and told us that they are going to make "next N9". They didn't use n950/n9 for prototype, they do not take n950 and n9 to compare with Jolla on reviews.

There are some people who work for you just coz of TMO, they came from here, as well as Mer and Nemo themselves.
Btw those people got into Jolla as they kept sticking around, but as there was no Jolla back then, it was around maemo/harmattan/meego related RIC chhans and TMO.
So please, stop talking around. I know that you are CEO for a reason. As well as you know to talk. There are posts with opinions and there are posts with combination of beautiful words Sorry for talking to straight, but i don't think you would take it personal, as you do the same here making a lot of assumptions and describing this community after 10 posts, though you did have root access to TMO as you told previously. So there are reasons you stated it's here first, there are reasons that you repeat a lot "no one believed but we did...", i know it's important to believe in yourself, but sometimes you need to look around and you just started the way,
remember when you don't accept help once, it might not be provided next time!
We got it — when you wanted preorders and some attention you needed us more than you need now when you got what you want.

Though i dont get why people still try to prove you start here, i think you don't want it, maybe for logical reasons or maybe it's personal. I don't care, as i understand that you already made the decision, exactly the way other corporate companies do. They do the decisions, and please on't tell me, that in BIG companies it's different, after all it's those few at top who make decisions, and there are always those in TOP in any company, you want it or not ._.

Same was with prediction of Elop disaster, everyone told here, noone believed. I'm not saying it's the same, i'm just saying that you may make same mistakes but if you don't know to look from side (that's where it comes to think out-of-box - opensource idea when it's so open you don't have box, as it's not always about code)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
I don't think there's any reason to feel offended, as community nor as individuals, if Jolla wants to make their own forum instead of officially using TMO.

From stezz's answers I get the impression that some comments or commenters here would be too rude for what Jolla wants. Now, should TMO become more strict to accommodate Jolla? I at least wouldn't want that. I like our relative tolerant rules. Diversity of people means also that there will be opinions expressed - or tone used - that some might find offensive.

At the same time I understand a company would want to have stricter rules of discussion and control of it.

It's obvious that Jolla appreciates this community, why else would stezz, w00t, rainisto, MSameer etc. Jolla employees post here and interact with us.

TMO has its own spirit. Let's keep it. There's no reason we can't support both TMO and whatever Jolla comes up with. I at least had no problem being in MeeGo forums and TMO at the same time.

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Well, following Meego.com and TMO at the same time was not so easy, since some important subjects were discussed in both. But I surely don't mind if Jolla opens a more dedicated site and forum, but I'd prefer it to be the hub not just for Sailfish but for Mer and Nemo, as well as other Mer derivatives. So far TMO serves such role to some degree. Not sure if Jolla plans such coverage though.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Leinad: I guess that's because most with some knowledge completely avoid Whatsapp to begin with Sorry for off-topic.
Even if I do not use whatsapp I say this is just one of the reasons sailfish community shall not be on TMO as main site.

The reason should be obvious...

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
A lot of preorders and people who beilve, come from here.
Do not compare Ubuntu community and TMO. They do not come here some time ago and told us that they are going to make "next N9". They didn't use n950/n9 for prototype, they do not take n950 and n9 to compare with Jolla on reviews.

There are some people who work for you just coz of TMO, they came from here, as well as Mer and Nemo themselves.
Btw those people got into Jolla as they kept sticking around, but as there was no Jolla back then, it was around maemo/harmattan/meego related RIC chans and TMO.
So please, stop talking around. I know that you are CEO for a reason. As well as you know to talk. There are posts with opinions and there are posts with combination of beautiful words Sorry for talking to straight, but i don't think you would take it personal, as you do the same here making a lot of assumptions and describing this community after 10 posts, though you did have root access to TMO as you told previously. So there are reasons you stated it's here first, there are reasons that you repeat a lot "no one believed but we did...", i know it's important to believe in yourself, but sometimes you need to look around and you just started the way,
remember when you don't accept help once, it might not be provided next time!
We got it — when you wanted preorders and some attention you needed us more than you need now when you got what you want.

Though i dont get why people still try to prove you start here, i think you don't want it, maybe for logical reasons or maybe it's personal. I don't care, as i understand that you already made the decision, exactly the way other corporate companies do. They do the decisions, and please on't tell me, that in BIG companies it's different, after all it's those few at top who make decisions, and there are always those in TOP in any company, you want it or not ._.

Same was with prediction of Elop disaster, everyone told here, noone believed. I'm not saying it's the same, i'm just saying that you may make same mistakes but if you don't know to look from side (that's where it comes to think out-of-box - opensource idea when it's so open you don't have box, as it's not always about code)
As a developer and enduser I definitivly don't want TMO to be the main site for Jolla/sailfishOS.

Please do understand that there is more people than TMO fans who has intrests in Jolla phone. Not only N9xx/N8xx users.

And don't forget that there has been some developers leave this forum already because of the bashing, trolling and non constructive/egoism ongoing on this forum latest years. We definitivly need something fresh.

Also I personally really dislike the TMO's forum functionality. Its old and really broken on mobile devices.

I really hope Jolla comes up with something fresh in that area.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-12-09 at 21:34.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
mikecomputing: You won't avoid similar issues on Jolla's site either. I.e. if someone is oblivious to problems (security, privacy, and what not), expect that this issue could be raised in the discussion. It doesn't mean that the site is hostile for new users.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
mikecomputing: You won't avoid similar issues on Jolla's site either. I.e. if someone is oblivious to problems (security, privacy, and what not), expect that this issue could be raised in the discussion. It doesn't mean that the site is hostile for new users.
Ofcourse not but I still say we need something fresh, more poeple, new thinking. Not only the old people at this forum. Changes are sometimes good...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-12-09 at 21:40.