Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Hmm: Pressing the button on my headset does not make HAL emit any signals on DBus' system/session busses. :/
Is this on N900 and with default headset?

If so, does this mean that N900 does not sense the button press when the N900 is on default state, but it needs an incoming call to trigger something so that the call can be answered with a headset button press?

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Brasov/Cluj, Romania
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Is this on N900 and with default headset?

If so, does this mean that N900 does not sense the button press when the N900 is on default state, but it needs an incoming call to trigger something so that the call can be answered with a headset button press?
I have tried with the default headset and there's no Dbus signal emitted when the button is pressed.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrei1089 For This Useful Post:
Would it be possible to test other headsets or create a special Dbus state to sniff out any inputs?

If you tell me how I can test Hs-43 (N82 headset) and the headset that 5800 comes with.

Patience required, I'm quite new with linux/dbus and might not understand what I have to do from the first attempt.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Brasov/Cluj, Romania
Originally Posted by Bec View Post
Would it be possible to test other headsets or create a special Dbus state to sniff out any inputs?

If you tell me how I can test Hs-43 (N82 headset) and the headset that 5800 comes with.

Patience required, I'm quite new with linux/dbus and might not understand what I have to do from the first attempt.
You can sniff dbus by running dbus-monitor (for session bus) and dbus-monitor --system (for system bus).

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Bec View Post

I could try to test Nokia AD-54 remote.

Although I am quite sure that nothing will be recognized by N900: if the default headset does not generate any Dbus events the same is probably true also for other headsets.

EDIT: AD-54 seems to be the remote that comes with Nokia 5800 so you probably also have that one.

Last edited by OVK; 2010-01-18 at 14:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
the ad-54 comes with the 5800 and it is the best remote nokia made.
It has:
Volume control
Play/pause
Next/previus.
Microphone
answer key for in comming calls.
a lock key
And 3,5 mm jack fot your headset.
It is also a fm antenna

The best thing is that you can leave n900 in your jacket an control you music player.
And you can answer the phone and talk handsfree.

So i realy hope that someone can make it work.
I am not a programmer but i was i would make work of it!

I post it also on the nokia forum but it gets pused away by people who can not rtfm and ask questions that are answered bij the manual!

Last edited by Wimmert; 2010-01-18 at 19:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wimmert For This Useful Post:
@ Wimmert
Don't forget to also vote it: http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._input_reader/

Originally Posted by andrei1089 View Post
You can sniff dbus by running dbus-monitor (for session bus) and dbus-monitor --system (for system bus).
Ok, and how do I do that? didn't find any apps for this...

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I also have the AD-54 headphones...

Hope this will work soon and will find it in the repos

has anyone used the ad-54 with their n900

when i plug mine in with my sony ex 300 headphones , it will only play out of the right ear bud

anyone else noticed this or is my ad-54 broken :-) thanks

Tags
ad-54/hs-45, headset button