Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Dark_Angel, I ran through the steps to setup the messaging. What can I use it for? I mean how is it different from the email accounts like gmail or Ovi mail?

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
well

I can't compare to gmail nor ovi mail cause I'm not really that active in those emails la. What it does is, when you're online, it updates your inbox(s) and stores it in your n900; so you can even read it later offline when you can't log into the internet. I find it very handy especially for my Yahoo account.

One thing good is, it automatically detects your connection and doesn't require you to log in and out all the time. I don't know if that's the same for gmail or not, but I realise it's really convenient once I go online, all my emails are updated instantly. Very efficient.

I've noticed that some folders don't exist though... like those created in the email i.e. NOT the drafts and outboxes... so maybe that's the limitations of it...

besides that, i think it's just regular email... shouldn't be a problem figuring out after a while of usage

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ malaysia
I am using that for hotmail, ym and gmail it works great. But since at the office we are on Exchange hence the need for it. It worked great prior to PR1.3. I also noticed that there is a bug that has been reported and im not the only one facing this problem.

Originally Posted by Dark_Angel85 View Post
Firstly, I would like to correct myself. It's not messenging but messaging. Sorry for the typo.

Well, in the Email app, you can go to New Account and it will try to connect to the Nokia Server.

1. Once it's connected, there are a couple of options which include the country, service provider and others. choose the service provider and there will be a couple of options which includes Nokia Messaging.

2. Follow the instructions that follow.

So far, I've set up both yahoo and hotmail for it. Seems to be working just fine. I get my notifications and everything else when I am connected.

@vignes_k

THe only reason why I use Nokia Messaging for my YM is because the default Yahoo Malaysia client somehow isn't working for me because my mail does not have a .com.my end. My mail was done like years ago before Yahoo even had a Yahoo Malaysia client... hehehe.. so that's why ONLY for YM i use the nokia messaging...

The Hotmail and Gmail default clients work just fine without the need to use Nokia Messaging

Sorry for posting a non-related question here:

Anyone (Malaysia N900 owners) here a member (or ex-member) of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) currently in Penang? Please drop me an email Joseph.skb@gmail.com

Now, back to N900 topics Thanks.

wonder if anyone has tried using QTirreco for their astro devices?

Originally Posted by Dark_Angel85 View Post
wonder if anyone has tried using QTirreco for their astro devices?
Downloaded, installed, but could not get it to work for my TV (even when I could find the equivalent remote control in the list). Let me know if you got it to work for you Astro. Would be great to finally find a use for the Ir. Also, my Astro's remote is always going missing.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Greeting fellow N900 in Malaysia, I am getting a problem using fmms with digi, I am manage to send out mms success but never able to receive any mms coming in.

I tried sending mms to myself and it is send successfully but never receive any back, been tried polite and havoc mode, using wifi or mms connect (on it for half and hour and nothing in), all sending ok, but no receive.

check with digi centre and they say no blocking for my mms, check biling and they billed me for successful sending!!

if my setting is wrong, how come I can send? did I miss something? I notice fapn are not required with ver1.3 which I am using now

prob sim card problem. I replaced my sim card and everything magically worked

Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
Downloaded, installed, but could not get it to work for my TV (even when I could find the equivalent remote control in the list). Let me know if you got it to work for you Astro. Would be great to finally find a use for the Ir. Also, my Astro's remote is always going missing.
Same Question here.. if anyone can make it work or found a equivalent remote pls update.