Active Topics

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
I think what I'd like is for the webcam on the Nokia N800 to do more than just make cam calls.

I'd like to be able to pop out the webcam and connect not to another N800 but an app somewhere on the web that captured the video transmission and stored it online (25 gigabytes of free storage for such videos at mediamax or $3/mo for 10 GB at omnidrive.

Hm. How about an app that runs on my PC and captures the video I send over my local wifi network, and I can upload it later?

Or how about just an app that captures the video on my 4GB card in the N800?

See, the thing about the webcam in the Internet Tablet is that it's portable, but it's still connected to a computer.

So why not add up webcam + tablet + mobility + wifi and do something internet-y?
Read the full article.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Toronto
Can someone please provide which programs (list) outside of googletalk the webcam can actually function with and if it require's a 3rd party app such as Pidgin messenger etc pls include the application it relies on. I have only 1 friend that actually actively uses googletalk, everyone else is still using other services.

Knips will take pictures.
The camera application will record and store video on the internal cards.

Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
Knips will take pictures.
The camera application will record and store video on the internal cards.
How do you make the camera app record video??

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
You install the video app (I think is call Camera) from Nokia under the Nokia repository... It can take pics and record video. I dont see the point on the OP the application is there all you have to do is install it.. Point taken it can not stream or act as a webcam but it can record video just fine.

Hi,
I can figure out how to make a movie with the camera application...

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Chandler, AZ, USA
you can somewhat stream video/motion jpeg with a program called motion, a qucik search of the forums here will give you the article.

Originally Posted by SeRi@lDiE View Post
You install the video app (I think is call Camera) from Nokia under the Nokia repository... It can take pics and record video. I dont see the point on the OP the application is there all you have to do is install it.. Point taken it can not stream or act as a webcam but it can record video just fine.
That's the one I have installed. It doesn't do video.

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
you have to find the newer version of it. its 2.7.something
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Found it. Damn! My cell phone makes better video. You think they could have cranked the compression up any higher?