Hey guys,

I just signed up at maemo for this issue. I got my N900 last Monday, last night I saw the PR 1.2 update and thought to myself great, just in time =D

So I updated the phone (I updated from the pc, not OTA so I am pretty sure this isnt the rootfs issue) and used it for a couple of hours, I put the tablet to offline mode and went to bed, when I woke up in the morning the tablet was switched off, so I tried to boot it, the first boot gave me the Nokia logo with the backlight on, it vibrated, beeped once and then shutdown with a white light on the LED. I tried starting it up again but the same thing happened except this time there was no beep.

I used up a lot of time reconfiguring the phone last night after the update and didnt back it up, do I have any other option than reflashing the phone again?

I have already transferred all my stuff from the memory card to the phone (pics, vids etc) too :/

sounds like you will have to do that one thing you dont want to.. sorry mate.

edit: i know it will sounds stupid but check your battery it might not be as full as you think.

The Following User Says Thank You to Weedalot For This Useful Post:
damn that sucks, I shouldnt have moved the images from the card to the phone :/, is there anyway to back it up using update mode and then reflash it?

EDIT: I had set an alarm before going to bed, the alarm just rang and it asked if I wanted to switch the device on, I said yes but same problem :/

Last edited by samad909; 2010-05-28 at 06:35.

Originally Posted by samad909 View Post
damn that sucks, I shouldnt have moved the images from the card to the phone :/, is there anyway to back it up using update mode and then reflash it?

EDIT: I had set an alarm before going to bed, the alarm just rang and it asked if I wanted to switch the device on, I said yes but same problem :/

sounds more like battery issue. remove battery and put it back and then try starting...otherwise put on charge for atleast 10 mins and try again.

The Following User Says Thank You to sdesai For This Useful Post:
try to recharge. i had the same problem

The Following User Says Thank You to BLIZZARD For This Useful Post:
hmm ok, I will try that, it is pretty weird because I had a 71% charge before going to bed, thanks for the tips, I will report back when I try it out.

Update: This worked, thanks for the help guys. I am just wondering how the charge could drop from 71% to 0% when in offline mode and the screen turned off within 8 hours. Any ideas?

A broken app from extras-devel maybe?

The Following User Says Thank You to ChadiM For This Useful Post:
I only have the following apps,

1. Wifi switcher
2. 3g/2g/dual mode
3. fMMS
4. rootsh
5. Battery Graph
6. FM Boost

Are any of these apps unstable?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The charge could easily drop from 71% to 0 if the 71% was inaccurate, and those numbers are notoriously inaccurate. I wouldn't worry about it much, just keep your eyes open.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post: