Notices

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Capcom Play System 2 (CPS2) is an arcade system board (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CP_System_II).
CPS2emu is an Capcom Play System 2 arcade emulator.

Motive for Cps2-gui
While looking at the current cps2gui state and the amount of work it would take to build a graphical interface based on my GnGeo-gui (see signature), I decided to create a new graphical interface, called Cps2-gui (don't confuse it with the current cps2gui).

Former state of CPS2 emulation
Anunakin slightly modified and compiled the (gp2x) cps2emu version for Maemo 5 and created a gui. The performance of cps2emu is excellent, and although this gui works fine, it only offers the option to select a zip file and then start it.

While further development stalled, Libertas made a modification to have a configuration file for the keymapping (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=182). It never reached the repos.

cps2emu
I made a modified version myself of cps2emu from cps2emu version 0.6-r1. To not conflict with the existing package in the repository, I named it cps2emu-ng.

Version history cps2emu-ng:
0.0.1-1
* Introduced my own keyconfig option (including for menu, exit etc)
* Sixaxis default config is now an option to be set manually
* 0.0.1-2
fix issue with defining Ctrl key

Todo:
* Fix mute function

Cps2-gui
Cps2-gui can be downloaded from the exrtra-devel repository

Version history Cps2-gui:
0.0.1-1 * initial release
0.0.1-2 * disabled mute option due to conflict with cps2emu
0.0.1-3 * rom location can be choosen from internal or SD card
0.0.1-4 * roms not found message handling corrected
Attached Images

Last edited by ade; 2012-03-04 at 08:40.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
how cool, trying it right now !

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

nice work
but does this make the cpu run at full speed? like other emulators?

testing right now

I have to try this after I reflash my n900. CPS2 has so many amazing games! Thanks ade!

@memorian
It will have your CPU running almost at 100%, emulation is very CPU demanding in general. But it can run full speed without the need for overclocking.

In general:
I would like to get some feedback on installation experiences. No unexpected messages/issues? I am not talking about specific game emulation issues of course. If not, it would be most user friendly to put it in the extra-devel repo on short term.

no problem here in the instalation although didnt tried any game yet

EDIT:
All the games I've tried says Error: unsuported cache file
rebuild cache file

Last edited by guilledoc; 2012-02-20 at 01:43.

Originally Posted by guilledoc View Post
no problem here in the instalation although didnt tried any game yet

EDIT:
All the games I've tried says Error: unsuported cache file
rebuild cache file
Good to hear the installation went well.
I presume you installed pcs2emu 0.7 or at least 0.6r1.

For now, I assume the cache folder is created in the same folder the zipped games are stored. Apparently that is not the case with you.

Options:
- Move your current nvram/cache/state/hi folders to your gamefolder (perhaps they are now in /opt/cps2emu/config/ ?)
- Recreate the cache in your games folder (cd <gamesfolder>;cps2romcnv ./<yourgame.zip>
- If you want your cache in another location, it should be able to define that location. I could implement that option in Cps2-gui

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Absolutely great work. Current version of cps2gui was pain in the *** to configure the keys (manually editing config file and need to use US keyboard layout).

Have you thought on including any support for CPS1 games? I really miss The Punisher.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Absolutely great work. Current version of cps2gui was pain in the *** to configure the keys (manually editing config file and need to use US keyboard layout).

Have you thought on including any support for CPS1 games? I really miss The Punisher.
If I remember correctly you asked for an alternative CPS2 gui in the GnGeo-gui thread. I still had that in mind

I can't imagine CPS1 and CPS2 are compatible so that will be a problem. And I don't know if usable CPS1 emulators do exist (or Mame can be used).

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Mame works almost fine for CPS1 but a you need to overclock and the emulation is not as playable as in cps2emu.