Posts: 81 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Romania
@praveenchand

i think it is something related to aspect ratio.
if i remember well, if i put on 4/3, my 16/9 tv will se only the movies. also, i think is related to tv aspect ratio settings also.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ioncelmare For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
...CSSU team is putting so much effort in adapting & fixing N900, which is surprisingly a LANDSCAPE oriented device (which itself is quite nice in the MYRIADS of portrait mode devices out there), to portrait mode, it isn't funny anymore. Because the effort needed is tremendous, and not all can be fixed (f.e. the phone application).
Yep, totally agree. I love the CSSU project, and am eternally grateful to all involved, but we do not need all this portrait crap. The N900 is a landscape device. Who are all these people who want portrait on the N900 anyway, and why don't they get an N9 instead and leave us out of it? At least there's an option to lock the device down in permanent and complete landscape mode. That's what I use.

Last edited by bocephus; 2012-01-20 at 11:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to bocephus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Romania
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
Yep, totally agree. I love the CSSU project, but we do not need all this portrait crap. The N900 is a landscape device. Who are all these people who want portrait on the N900 anyway, and why don't they get an N9 instead and leave us out of it? At least there's an option to lock the device down in permanent and complete landscape mode. That's what I use.
comeon, u can't be right.
if u want a great product, for a lot of people, then u have to allow them to do whatewer they want with their phones.
remember, all the time will be someone else with another opinion than yours, so please, don't shoot them.
my opinion is that u need both option for the phone, first of all being a phone wich u would like to use 8 h / day as a phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ioncelmare For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
tested with two different nokia batteries...since update the maximum amount of charge displayed in my battery widget is 85%...how can this be?

HD video recording 16:9 ratio lags. and thereforre while playing it also lags because it lagged while recording. any soln?
BACKUPMENU

Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
HD video recording 16:9 ratio lags. and thereforre while playing it also lags because it lagged while recording. any soln?
Yes, it's called a...........wait for it...................BRAIN!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Yes, it's called a...........wait for it...................BRAIN!!!
jst chill. m jst asking..
BACKUPMENU

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by ioncelmare View Post
comeon, u can't be right.
if u want a great product, for a lot of people, then u have to allow them to do whatewer they want with their phones.
Except, if you bought the N900 for its portrait features, you bought the wrong phone - sorry to break it to ya. And any effort put towards the portrait side of things is effort wasted on its intended area of usage - as a landscape QWERTY device.

Just get an N9, seriously. Or an iphone, even. The N900 has a higher purpose!

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
noone else is experiencing this?!

Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
Well, I'm not seeing that. Also, this is Linux. What's with the constant talk about reflashing? That's like the Microsoft way of solving things. I haven't reflashed my N900 since I got it back in 2010, and I've done some crazy **** with it.
The "Microsoft Way", as you call it, is the simple answer given to PC users when neither party really knows what the problem is.

It does still serve a purpose on Linux however. There could have been any number of poorly packaged applications installed on my device which when uninstalled left config files or symlinks created by pre/post install scripts within the package. Don't forget it's not immune to data corruption or conflicts. All of these are changes specific to my device, so may contribute to the cause of the problem.

It's about isolating the components (Stock, Stock+CSSU, Stock+CSSU+KP etc.) to identify if the problem reoccurs. From this you know what changes were made to the system, making it easier to work out where the problem stems from. Kind of akin to unit testing.

Since reflashing, so far, the battery drain issue has not reoccured. Currently I'm testing Stock+CSSU with Swappolube using proposed defaults and SR VDD1&2 enabled and everything seems fine. Now it's a case of adding the application I use back one at a time to see if/where the issue arises.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing