I've been trying to get a SmartQ V7 for a while to review it, but the company completely and totally ignores me.

You probably have to buy one ;-)

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ New Jersey
Originally Posted by qkall View Post
oh one thing to note is that there isn't true hdmi out... it only does video playback.. ie no desktop. kinda annoying but w/e.
Thank you for this HUGE note, qkall. I was seriously looking at the v5 as a replacement for my N800 and the HDMI output was really getting my attention ... but was assuming that meant desktop PC type output. Thanks for saving me from a big mistake (although the v5 still looks like a good possibility ... just not the shoe-in I thought it was)

--DF
MP3: Insignia NS-DV4G or IT/Canola

interesting device. My main thing I don't like about the n900 is the screen size. I feel I am constantly squinting.

Then again with the 7" display I'd want 1024 x 600 resolution.

But then why not get an ASUS eee pc T91 for a couple hundred more and use joiku for internet access?

Originally Posted by DistantFire View Post
Thank you for this HUGE note, qkall. I was seriously looking at the v5 as a replacement for my N800 and the HDMI output was really getting my attention ... but was assuming that meant desktop PC type output. Thanks for saving me from a big mistake (although the v5 still looks like a good possibility ... just not the shoe-in I thought it was)

--DF
I've been looking into it and apparently desktop through hdmi is due in a future update.

So I'm going to hold off buying one of these until this materialises... Will be uber once it does!

i just read on one of their forums that android 2.1 is due in an upcoming firmware release....

Yeah I know Computex is this week and there will be a gazillion tegra 2 tablets coming out...

However, these are now being sold with Android 2.1, and I found one for £140 Plus there's going to be upstream kernel support for these devices, so they've got a promising future.

One is on its way now, I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'm hoping it will be a brilliant companion for the n900

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
The V7 is a 7" screen. How big is your pocket?
I carried a spiral notebook throughout high school and college and on the bus every day and it didn't fit in my pocket. I didn't feel deprived and thought it was normal.