Notices

5 GHz wireless network connection doesn't seem to work. Other devices on teh network can communicate on the 5 GHz frequencies, and yet the Xperia X doesn't seem to want to.

The Following User Says Thank You to oenone For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,108 | Thanked: 9,856 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
Some general info :
"dmesg" is the old style command that has been available since ages.
"journalctl" is the systemd-specific modern equivalent (dmesg pulls from the same database).
Arrgh, I am so sorry I have to nitpick here because all of your advice was otherwice correct, but journalctl is not a more modern equivalent of dmesg!

Only some OS'es have the bloody abomination that is systemd, of which journalctl is part of.
On the other hand our lovely lady dmesg exists everywhere!

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by oenone View Post
5 GHz wireless network connection doesn't seem to work. Other devices on teh network can communicate on the 5 GHz frequencies, and yet the Xperia X doesn't seem to want to.
I had no problems connecting my Sony Xperia X running SailfishOS to a 5 GHz access point today.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Heik View Post
I saved dmesg messages in both without tape and with tape. Compared with notepad++. There are differences :-) but i don't understand much about the messages.
I can share them if it helps anyone (someone told there is no "critical personal information" in the messages. Too many lines to check it.)
I wouldn't know what most of the messages mean either but it would be interesting to see the differences and failures should stick out. Might need some of the 'same' bits for context though so probably best you share the whole files.

Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
I had no problems connecting my Sony Xperia X running SailfishOS to a 5 GHz access point today.
Hmm, ok, it works on 5 GHz now that the 2.4 Ghz stream has been disabled. It prefers 2.4 GHz for some reason though. One cannot help but wonder if there is a configuration file that sets preferences for what bands to use.

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x