Notices

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by Garrett_PL View Post
Which for me is the best thing, while connected to TV and playing straight .avi's from N900 which out wasting power. Only few times I was watching something longer straight on N900.
Yes, I agree that it is a good thing to be able to black N900's screen while the video is being played through TV-out. That's why it should be one of options:
0. Pause everything like default media player;
1. Pause nothing like Open Media Player now;
2. Pause video and play audio, jumping to needed point in video when unblacking the display.
Anything more complicated - like, switching between 1-and-2 depending on whether TV-out cable is used or not - can be achieved in other, external applications - like, the one which detects when TV-out cable is being used.
More options, great - not too many, since simplicity always works.
Agree.
I might got it the wrong way, if so, sorry, but what is that You listen which out screen? Did You try mp3
Just messing here of course, anyway the bottom line is an Option won't do harm - that is it.
I download video-audio files (mp3-mp4) from news website - yes, official website, and no, they don't use ugly flash-based protection against copying (I don't have strength to fight against rptm-streaming-or-whatever anymore, especially when I prefer old classical films anyway; though I am curious why ogg videos aren't supported on Maemo yet - I still cannot watch "Death Rides a Horse"). I prefer to listen to news at night, going to sleep, in headset; under these circumstances, watching video is not necessary, and is detrimental to health (the eyes are tired from computer screen as it is).
Best wishes. Thank you.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
I would like to see some of these open source replacements actually replace the closed source ones in the near future of CSSU.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
open media player would be a good usability feature of cssu

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
in terms of feature parity, how close is omp to providing a 100% compatible replacement? as long as it can at least meet the functionality of stock mp then i would like to see it go to devel if not testing.

maybe having enhancements over original as a build option to generate a 100% replacement or an enhanced version via extras still.

stock mp still seems a little happier with some videos for some reason, even if they take two attemps to open. might be a dsp boost or mafw issue though.

Last edited by Android_808; 2013-07-08 at 16:09.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Just being able to resize the video to full screen has been enough for me to use OMP more than the stock video player.

And I can +1 about the screenshots. Even with Ctrl+Shift+P they show up black in the gallery. But being able to see the videos playing in the thumbnails is a cool effect.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
And I can +1 about the screenshots. Even with Ctrl+Shift+P they show up black in the gallery.
I already wrote that screenshots are not possible. Video is played on top and is hidden for all Maemo applications. This is reason why CTRL+SHIFT+P show only black screen. Maemo does not see any video playback...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
A bug I had very often is that it says a video cannot be played, but after a few tries it plays the video O.o I saw this bug at stock player and OMP. I still hope someone can fix this.

The bug with the lyrics marmistrz mentioned is really annoying. Often you cannot scroll through the lyrics or there is empty space.

How about a tagger integrated in OMP? It would be nice to give songs the right information, so it can be sorted correctly. I know there is already an app "Mussorgsky", but it can only edit tags of mp3 files and it would be more comfortable to do it right in the player. Just an idea.

OMP is really awesome and I don't use the stock player because OMP is much better! I hope there will be more great updates for it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by IceKeeper View Post
A bug I had very often is that it says a video cannot be played, but after a few tries it plays the video O.o I saw this bug at stock player and OMP. I still hope someone can fix this.

The bug with the lyrics marmistrz mentioned is really annoying. Often you cannot scroll through the lyrics or there is empty space.

How about a tagger integrated in OMP? It would be nice to give songs the right information, so it can be sorted correctly. I know there is already an app "Mussorgsky", but it can only edit tags of mp3 files and it would be more comfortable to do it right in the player. Just an idea.

OMP is really awesome and I don't use the stock player because OMP is much better! I hope there will be more great updates for it.
Sometimes tracks get "unknown artist/../././unknown everything". It's something with tracker, but re-touching (or re-metadating) does the trick. Maybe it could be implemented into omp?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

tracker issue i've experienced as well, random tracks each time. it likes to do silly things from time to time, like list 1 photo 4/5 times in gallery.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by IceKeeper View Post
+1 to this, it would be a really useful feature.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse