Notices

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Welcome to the opensource community.

Unlike most other communities which exist around a commercial entity (where customer support is part of their (long term) marketing work); 'customer support' here takes a different form.

Users here are expected to help themselves first, before asking for help. Documentations are generally quite plentiful and they generally take the form of step by step instructions that you just need to follow exactly.

Asking to be spoonfed is one of the worst sins to be committed in foss communities. You have to at least show that you've given your best effort before asking for help. Asking specific questions would help too.

It's not hard, please try it out.... and welcome.
obviously i searched the whole forum..all i found was quake 3 and urban terror..i havent seen any video in urban terror..thats it.and some emulator games.the titorial is not enuf...to install ut..i want to c a video..i cant help u guys because m a noob..sorry

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
wow, I'd love to see Half-Life/Source engine ported to Maemo. Rollercoaster Tycoon and Grand Theft Auto 3 would be fun too!

Can you guys port Plants vs Zombies/PopCap games as well? I <3 that game!
Now I'm wondering if iOS games (and apps) can be ported over to Maemo.

// Roth

Last edited by Roth; 2011-07-09 at 16:36.

Planeshift,
Scorched 3D,
they are OpenSource I think.

What about Skulltag[better doom engine] and darkplaces[quake engine]

Sorry for my so BAD English.
Mmm..Tes 2: Daggerfall would be so nice. I know it's not open source, but there is a DaggerXL, isn't?

trisha, kiss a *****... or a fox.
If you fail to follow most basic directions, then you shouldn't ask ANY questions here, because it seems to be predestinated to be pure spam.
If you are so sad you couldn't install the game on dosbox, and play it on N900, then I have great news for you:
On non-OC-ed N900, under dosbox even Titus the Fox lags like hell (even with all sophisticated bufferrin, caching etc.).. and it's a game for a 386 processor (a lesson of counting - 8080, 8086, 80186, 80286, 386, 486, pentium 1 - it doesn't know what is 486+100.0 :P, pentium 2, pentium 3 and further you probably know). So for your info - you can even install windows 95 on dosbox on OC-ed N900 but it would have low sense unless you want to play hearts, and don't mind lags. (there exist minesweeper for arm-wine so no minesweeper advice).

If any game have to be smooth on N900 and it's requirements are higher than CGA graphic card, It needs to be totally rewritten for linux and ARM processor, unless it's already open source. if it's OSS then it still have a lot of work to make it work on ARM processor and as low resolution as 800x480. So go for courses on linux for aunties, and when you pass there may already the game ported, or at least the new phone which handle the game through an emulator. If you have more problems on passing the course than I suspect then you may be able to buy phone on technology higher than silicon transistors. We will have much more peace here as you seem to fail first semester at least once. So go studying and go back if your abilities is significally better than my grandma (and she seems to be still able to learn, so you need learn faster than she :P).

meanwhile thanks all guys (and ladies) for all the work done, It's really heroic! If there are "free" (in terms on time) devs, please go on vcmi.eu (it's open source project to recreate HoMM3 engine) and please work on interface features which would allow it to work on N900 (it's already free of problems with endianess, but it seems to need at least 800x600 to run with current interface, and there's not enough devs willing to implement low-res interface now).

For her majesty Catherine Gryphonheart!

EDIT: why it censored the cat female?

Last edited by majaczek; 2012-04-03 at 16:52.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by majaczek View Post
trisha, kiss a *****... or a fox.
If you fail to follow most basic directions, then you shouldn't ask ANY questions here, because it seems to be predestinated to be pure spam.
If you are so sad you couldn't install the game on dosbox, and play it on N900, then I have great news for you:
On non-OC-ed N900, under dosbox even Titus the Fox lags like hell (even with all sophisticated bufferrin, caching etc.).. and it's a game for a 386 processor (a lesson of counting - 8080, 8086, 80186, 80286, 386, 486, pentium 1 - it doesn't know what is 486+100.0 :P, pentium 2, pentium 3 and further you probably know). So for your info - you can even install windows 95 on dosbox on OC-ed N900 but it would have low sense unless you want to play hearts, and don't mind lags. (there exist minesweeper for arm-wine so no minesweeper advice).

If any game have to be smooth on N900 and it's requirements are higher than CGA graphic card, It needs to be totally rewritten for linux and ARM processor, unless it's already open source. if it's OSS then it still have a lot of work to make it work on ARM processor and as low resolution as 800x480. So go for courses on linux for aunties, and when you pass there may already the game ported, or at least the new phone which handle the game through an emulator. If you have more problems on passing the course than I suspect then you may be able to buy phone on technology higher than silicon transistors. We will have much more peace here as you seem to fail first semester at least once. So go studying and go back if your abilities is significally better than my grandma (and she seems to be still able to learn, so you need learn faster than she :P).

meanwhile thanks all guys (and ladies) for all the work done, It's really heroic! If there are "free" (in terms on time) devs, please go on vcmi.eu (it's open source project to recreate HoMM3 engine) and please work on interface features which would allow it to work on N900 (it's already free of problems with endianess, but it seems to need at least 800x600 to run with current interface, and there's not enough devs willing to implement low-res interface now).

For her majesty Catherine Gryphonheart!

EDIT: why it censored the cat female?
for vcmi someone should port the android version as it is scaled trough some SDL GLES stuf or something like that to fit 800x480...

Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
for vcmi someone should port the android version as it is scaled trough some SDL GLES stuf or something like that to fit 800x480...
Dude definately NOPE. Android port of VCMI is an old abandoned fork of VCMI. The official team gives no support for it, and forker dev lost interest in expanding the fork. Moreover Android fork depends on android API which scales the too-big-screen down (maybe it depends on GLES maybe not). So the port is deprecated and has no value for merging changes into trunk.

VCMI actually can run on N900 developer enviroment, but in 800x600 resolution (or higher) which is not availible on physical device. there is need for developing some interface for low-res. Simply add scaling down would work on the short term but will eat resources for something we can't be able to feel, and will make the text almost unreadable. Hence the need for NATIVE support of low-res-interface. Current code would already work for adventure screen if you implement buttons small enough to fit (but we will prefer expandable menu), but hero screen, exchange screen etc needs to be a bit tweaked. the most problematic parts are battle screen and town screen. Town screen would easily fit if we make bottom interface collapsable into single tiny button (or a few), so almost nothing of screen preview will be lost. Battle screen have to be cut on top and bottom (since there are graphic parts which have no effect for gameplay) and UI elements (which orginally were on bottom of the Battle screen) should be redeveloped, and we need something creative for battle log.

FTW current VCMI code already support adventure AI and is huge step since the misterious dev did the fork for android.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
well scaling it down would at least be a step forward and make the game fully playable unlike the state it is in now...pidgeon in the hand is better than two in the bush(or however it goes)...unfortunatelly in this state it is neither in the hand nor in the bush...

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Moscow
Ultima 8 and Crusader - Pentagram
http://pentagram.sourceforge.net/

Tags
desktop, fremantle, game, linux, mac os x, maemo, maemo 5, port, request, speculation, windows, wow for n900