Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Added my card there. It is a Team card class 6 that reads 6.3mb/s and writes 6.8mb/s and since october last year didn't fail me (I have filled and erased it several times with random data since then).

I hope I didn't screw anything.

Last edited by Temporal; 2011-06-06 at 01:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Sometimes I think that quality reports are less about the hardware than about the user. So I take them with a grain of salt. I personally have good feelings about Patriot, and some bad reports won't change my mind. I doubt you are going to collect thousands of reports, so I don't think this thread will be particularly reliable in a statistical sense.
Noted. I have changed the word Bad to something more appropriate. Your comments about reliability are in line with those from Jerome hence the words of caution the Maintenance section.

Creating product advice for all to see is, I believe, worth the effort. And, if over time it needs to be altred, it's a community wiki so anyone's free to update what they like.

Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
I hope I didn't screw anything.
Everything seems in order. Thanks for the addition.

Last edited by demolition; 2011-06-06 at 12:12.

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Re: (2): This is very useful information. When you have a min, would you stick something in the wiki about these maintenance and longevity tips. Otherwise, I can do it when I do the round up.
Quite frankly, I have no idea where in the wiki this information should be put. Do you?

The Following User Says Thank You to Jerome For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Quite frankly, I have no idea where in the wiki this information should be put. Do you?
Not really, the wiki's a bit of a bird's nest. I suggest in the memory card section, which I put as an annex to the accessories page but it could easily have its own page. Unfortunately, neither of the two index pages link to the accessories page and it's not immediately obvious as to how to add an item to an index. I uploaded a summary of what you said to that page - amend if you like.

goto: Post1; // to make sense of this post
gotta love a bit of spaghetti code!

Anyway, big Thank You to those who have contributed information about this so far. I think it's been long enough so I've appended the wiki-page.

Further comments are still welcome - you'll have to wiki-up the content yourself, though.