Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Not that the above gives me any idea where to look next, though... Maybe device gets confused by not having SIP accounts set, while at the same time being connected to them? It's a shoot in the dark, but it COULD be trying to ask me if I want to send/call via GSM or VOIP, then get confused somehow... Where VoIP accounts data is stored, exactly? I could try purging it.
Try running "mc-tool list" (mc-tool is in package libmissioncontrol-utils, see https://wiki.maemo.org/N900_Mission_Control#mc-tool) and see what comes out and if it makes any sense.

Perhaps it's time to "rsync -a /home/user some_backup_server:" and reflash. But then you miss the fun of figuring out what the problem was (or it comes back when you rsync back..)
Depends on how dependent you are on that particular N900.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
or you can try to backup and then restore, iirc this should recreate all of the databases

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
In my experience, fsck on flash/sd always ends in tears. It was disabled until cssu, then enabled and wrecking partitions, then disabled again, and now I don't know if it's armed to nuke /home or not.

Anyway, my usual strategy after unexpected reboot, is to do as root:
cd /home
ls -laR >/dev/null

fs errors usually show up with that. If the damage is sma, I've made tarball of /home in backupmenu, then recreated fs and untarred.

If there are non-fs issues, like zeroed files, they wont be found by this.

Good luck!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Estel, already investigated deeper? Or reflashed?

Today I think I had exactly same behaviour, no call-ui came up, no call came through. Did not check about modest, as I needed phone functionality and did a reboot (before I remembered you and your prob).
After a reboot everything was back to normal.

As I still switch between SIMs and also have a high swap usage I sometimes have the feeling that 'some swap thingy here goes crazy'.
Please check your swap partitions or disable extended swap / enable stock swap partition and test once more. [a shot in the dark]

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
fsck at the boot time found some minor problems, but none if it seemed serious (some thumbnail or temporary files of browser were damaged, some got connected to lost+found). FSCK ended up successfully, and marked filesystem as clean.
I don't suppose you have a log of that fsck? If you do, you should be able to identify which inodes were corrupted. Then you can run something like ls -aRi1 and grep for each inode to identify which filenames point to those inodes. You can then use dpkg -S with those filenames to identify which packages you should reinstall.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Finally found something, that might point in the right direction. One of the error messages digged up from mission-control extended logs:

Code:
messaging_ui_account_utils_ready_cb: Couldn't init account utils!messaging_ui_account_utils_ready_cb: got error code: 4, domain: dbus-glib-error-quark, message: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Inability to init account utils would be in line with what I've been experiencing, and that dbus-glib-error-quark sounds like something - sadly, my debus knowledge is close to 0. Any ideas how to "approach" the problem?

As for all suggestions:

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
or you can try to backup and then restore, iirc this should recreate all of the databases
Sadly, no joy

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
As I still switch between SIMs and also have a high swap usage I sometimes have the feeling that 'some swap thingy here goes crazy'.
Please check your swap partitions or disable extended swap / enable stock swap partition and test once more. [a shot in the dark]
No effect, either...

Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I don't suppose you have a log of that fsck? If you do, you should be able to identify which inodes were corrupted. Then you can run something like ls -aRi1 and grep for each inode to identify which filenames point to those inodes. You can then use dpkg -S with those filenames to identify which packages you should reinstall.
Unfortunately, I haven't kept that log (silly me). Thanks anyway, I'll keep that suggestion for the future, might come as invaluable one day! I had no idea about this method

Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
In my experience, fsck on flash/sd always ends in tears. It was disabled until cssu, then enabled and wrecking partitions, then disabled again, and now I don't know if it's armed to nuke /home or not.

Anyway, my usual strategy after unexpected reboot, is to do as root:
cd /home
ls -laR >/dev/null

fs errors usually show up with that. If the damage is sma, I've made tarball of /home in backupmenu, then recreated fs and untarred.

If there are non-fs issues, like zeroed files, they wont be found by this.

Good luck!
I had the same method for checking filesystem until stopped using vanilla's fsck - albeit, I rather identified the problem with fsck segfaulting at certain passes, if fixing more serious issue (so, if it had to only recover journal, or fix minor thing it never nuked /home/opt, but anything requiring further passes was fatal).

Hoever, for a long time, we have updated fsck in CSSU, that doesn't segfault (and even before, I used e2fs progs from Debian, with libraries compiled statically). Using that, I did more than hundred (literally) fsck's during ~2 years, and never encountered any problem - it was working jusike fsck on normal HHD's. It's the first time (since using non-segfaulting fsck) that I got any issues. I guess that either something important got zero'ed and there is no safety recreation mechanism, or some text file got clone'd with content of other text file, that, by some bad luck, is parsed "sucessfuly" providing nonsense content, resulting in the fubar I'm in.
---

Anyway, thanks for all your input, people! I just started passing mission-control log (extremely busy week), so I'll report if I find something more (Althought, I'm quite positive, that the account utils and dbus thing is to blame).

/Estel

//Edit
No further joy with mc-tool, the thing from beginning of post is the only usable bit. BTW, plain mc-tool list results in just:
Code:
loodRose:~# mc-tool list
mc-tool: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
(as root or not).
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2015-02-08 at 14:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
BTW, while reinstalling "nokiamessaging", something caught my eye:

Code:
tting up nokiamessaging (1.6.8+0m5) ...
DBUS uuid found
Sadly, reinstalling every package with "dbus" in name doesn't help...

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
accounts, calls, messaging, problem