Posts: 110 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bangalore
Thank you.
I have a question: I had to remove CSSU because i needed the stock camera. The camera-ui2 has given me a little bit of trouble so installing stock camera itself remove the CSSU. As CSSU is needed for this, is it possible to keep the stock camera app along with CSSU.
Much thanks.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
im now restoring my backup because CSSU kernel not booting and i dont want the stock one thanks for the update much appreciated hope there will be a fix

./sifo
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by sifo View Post
im now restoring my backup because CSSU kernel not booting and i dont want the stock one thanks for the update much appreciated hope there will be a fix

./sifo
Hey Sifo,
How can you restore from backup, when you are not able to boot? Even I dont want to reflash. Is there any way to restore, without having to reflash via flasher?

The Following User Says Thank You to ramesh.kumar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
@ramesh.kumar

backupmenu
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Originally Posted by ramesh.kumar View Post
Hey Sifo,
How can you restore from backup, when you are not able to boot? Even I dont want to reflash. Is there any way to restore, without having to reflash via flasher?
You just installed a whole load of thumb2 binaries with a non-thumb2 compatible kernel. You can either:

1. Attempt to reflash nokia kernel (highly unlikely to work).
2. Wait for the fixed kernel and attempt to manually flash it (if it is even possible).
3. Full reflash of your device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
You just installed a whole load of thumb2 binaries with a non-thumb2 compatible kernel. You can either:

1. Attempt to reflash nokia kernel (highly unlikely to work).
2. Wait for the fixed kernel and attempt to manually flash it (if it is even possible).
3. Full reflash of your device.
Or, if you're handy with repositories and have a Linux system handy, just extract the proper kernel from the package in the new repo and flash it directly. Should work, in theory.

Also, if you used backupmenu, since the kernel didn't change, you could in fact just do a restore. The one thing backupmenu doesn't do is backup/restore the kernel used by the system as part of the backup. But if that hasn't changed, you should be golden in just doing a restore from the image made before you tried the install. (You did do a backup right before that, didn't you? )

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Or, if you're handy with repositories and have a Linux system handy, just extract the proper kernel from the package in the new repo and flash it directly. Should work, in theory.

Also, if you used backupmenu, since the kernel didn't change, you could in fact just do a restore. The one thing backupmenu doesn't do is backup/restore the kernel used by the system as part of the backup. But if that hasn't changed, you should be golden in just doing a restore from the image made before you tried the install. (You did do a backup right before that, didn't you? )
Wow, how I wish . I did take a backup, but unfortunately, I dont have backupmenu installed. I am on Mac. I think, I should be able to flash it from there. Can you point me to the repo location?

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by ramesh.kumar View Post
Wow, how I wish . I did take a backup, but unfortunately, I dont have backupmenu installed. I am on Mac. I think, I should be able to flash it from there. Can you point me to the repo location?
Sorry, but if you can't figure out the repo location from the installer link in the first post, odds are you don't know how to find, download, extract, and hand-flash said kernel, and I don't have the time right now to make a 20 step how-to guide.

This is one of those learning moments. Either learn how to do this (Google is your friend), or learn that you shouldn't be using highly experimental software on your device.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Dependencies problem fixed, installation should be ok now. Sorry for the troubles

EDIT: after installation is complete you may want to do apt-get remove kernel-cssu-bootimg, for some reason it is pulled by HAM as a dependency while not really needed.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Last edited by freemangordon; 2012-06-11 at 21:16.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Ruma, Serbia
Greets, thank You for this one. Would really like to try it out.
I have a question: As I understand, all the applications we have are compiled using ARM. Does that mean they wont work with this update?

TIA
250/900 SmartReflex overclock (stable device)

The Following User Says Thank You to thesuperblue For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life