Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Hello,
I you sure that you didn't decline any pop-up dialog? When you tapped on a sign-in button autodiscover page should appear and then dialog that asks you about certificate must pop-up.
how can I get this pop-up about the certificate appear again?

Got an answer from designers. Sorry, it's not possible

yes, fixed in PR1.2.

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------
About battery drain. I'm using the PR1.2 image and I'm usually charging my device 1.5 times per two days I've got a Facebook account, 2 Skype accounts, 1 google account, 1 POP (other mail) account and 1 exchange account. I'm usually set schedule settings as 10-30 mins for peak interval and 2-4 hours for off-peak. Of course "always up-to-date" will increase your battery consumption, because in this mode we shouldn't close a connection with the server at all.

In addition: http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=63#c5 bug in QMF. Hopefully will be fixed in PR1.2.

P.S. According to "battery usage" application usually one of the most "expensive" app on my device is the Galaxy On Fire
hi, on my ubuntu laptop I also have 2 skype accounts, however on N9 (also linux based phone) when I add a second skype account it says that the other account will be disabled.

since you mentioned 2 skype accounts, can you please teach me how to enable 2 skype accounts to be on-line simultaneously on my N9?

many thanks!

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by original_z View Post
Hi all,

I'm on pr 1.2 and I've had no email problems until recently. When I first got the phone, used, it had 1.1. I set up two emails under Accounts (gmail and yahoo) and they were working fine until a few days ago. Now, the Yahoo account is constantly asking me for my password when it wants to update the mailbox. I enter the password (correctly) over and over and once in a while it will actually work, but usually it will not. Here are my yahoo account settings on the phone

Incoming
imap4
username (my email in full)
imap.mail.yahoo.com
SSL
port 993

outgoing
smtp.mail.yahoo.com
SSL
port 465
Plain Password authentication

any ideas? It's really frustrating since I use a password with caps and numbers.. and typing it in verrrry slowly 6 times in a row to make sure i do it correctly (which i do) every time and still being stuck is frustrating me. I have gone back to my desktop, typed in my supposed password in notepad and copy/pasted into a browser to log in and it works, so I know for sure it is the correct password.....

thanks in advance
ohh, I see... I think you got an "Access Denied" issue with Yahoo server. Can you check the messageserver logs? What error do you have?

Originally Posted by alephito View Post
I have the same problem. I have even added an extra empty line (with or without a blank space) to my signature, but it is always removed when the e-mail is sent.
Well, we have a bug about this issue and... who knows, may be it will be fixed

Originally Posted by glyph.se View Post
After reading your other posts this is starting to sound like a protocol limitation as well . It seems likely that contacts entered using custom fields in Google are not synced using MfE. But I'm still missing the "Other" field, which also seems to be custom in some way... though this might be a localization issue with Google since I'm using it in Swedish.
There shouldn't be any issue(s) regarding localization. Issue might come from the protocol (protocol limitation issue) or that contact's application doesn't have an appropriate field (contact's field mapping issue) or it is a bug in as-daemon that none of the testers noticed :-D (as-daemon bug issue ).

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
3. Email db seems to save the reply's header immediately even though the email has not be sent out.
Reply is always saved on the device immediately (non-MfE reply). This email in case of successful send moves to the account's 'Sent Items' folder.

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
4. Try sending yourself another email before the reply in outbox is sent.....
5. Mail db got broken afterwards, headers could be downloaded but when opening mail it says something like' Error opening the mail'

I only experienced this once and changed the download option since....
I don't think that your issue related to download option. ' Error opening the mail' doesn't mean that DB is broken. More likely that you caught one of the Charset detection issues or something else similar to it. Btw, are you using hotmail? I saw similar issue with hotmail (not sure that there is bug in public bugzilla about this issue ).

Originally Posted by a_petrov303 View Post
how can I get this pop-up about the certificate appear again?
hmm, I'm not sure, but maybe something similar should be in Settings->Security->Certificates.

Originally Posted by a_petrov303 View Post
hi, on my ubuntu laptop I also have 2 skype accounts, however on N9 (also linux based phone) when I add a second skype account it says that the other account will be disabled.

since you mentioned 2 skype accounts, can you please teach me how to enable 2 skype accounts to be on-line simultaneously on my N9?

many thanks!
Sorry for a small misinformation, I got only one skype account enabled at the same time In theory, I think it is possible to write an application that can enable your second account, but I have no idea how it will work or will it work at all.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ switzerland
Hi, a few days ago all of my mails stopped syncing. I was using the "Google" account and another IMAP4 account. The scheduled sync still worked, but clicking the sync button in mail app did nothing and since yesterday, even the scheduled syncs stopped working.

I removed all mail accounts (rebooted), added one IMAP4 account and one MfE account and the current state is that:

- MfE syncs automatically as scheduled
- The IMAP4 account doesn't sync as scheduled
- Clicking the sync button in mail app does nothing, both MfE and IMAP4 stay forever in the "checking the mailbox" status

I even tried entering wrong username and password for the IMAP account, but there isn't even an error message appearing... So I'm assuming it never even tries to connect with the server.

Is there anything I can reset? Removing the accounts and re-adding doesn't help...

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by ziller View Post
Hi, a few days ago all of my mails stopped syncing. I was using the "Google" account and another IMAP4 account. The scheduled sync still worked, but clicking the sync button in mail app did nothing and since yesterday, even the scheduled syncs stopped working.

I removed all mail accounts (rebooted), added one IMAP4 account and one MfE account and the current state is that:

- MfE syncs automatically as scheduled
- The IMAP4 account doesn't sync as scheduled
- Clicking the sync button in mail app does nothing, both MfE and IMAP4 stay forever in the "checking the mailbox" status

I even tried entering wrong username and password for the IMAP account, but there isn't even an error message appearing... So I'm assuming it never even tries to connect with the server.

Is there anything I can reset? Removing the accounts and re-adding doesn't help...
Have you tried to reboot the device? or at least re-open Email application? Looks like you got some kind of a problem with messageserver (since MfE is syncing as it should while IMAP is not syncing anymore). Most probably simple device reboot should help.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Have you tried to reboot the device? or at least re-open Email application? Looks like you got some kind of a problem with messageserver (since MfE is syncing as it should while IMAP is not syncing anymore). Most probably simple device reboot should help.
Rebooted, several times, also rebooted after deleting all mail accounts and before adding them again. Also closed and re-opened mail app, also ssh'd to device and killed fenix, then re-opened... No help.

Note that also MfE is not syncing either if I hit the refresh button within mail client, it only synchronises when scheduled. IMAP (or google mail) does neither...

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
I have a weird problem... I have a gmail account, and I have some mails that are visibile in normal view, but when switching to threaded view they disappear (but still are counted in the unread count if they are still unread... that's how i noticed this, i had some unread mail I couldn't find, so I went to gmail website and could see those mails).

For example, I have a mail thread with some mails disappearing in threaded view on n9, but the thread itself is still visible, just missing some of the last mail. I still couldn't figure out a pattern in this, for now it seems random... does anybody got this bug too? Is there a soluion/workaround?

The Following User Says Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
Looks like you got some kind of a problem with messageserver (since MfE is syncing as it should while IMAP is not syncing anymore). Most probably simple device reboot should help.
Ok... it definitely was a problem with messageserver. Enabled logging and found this in .fenix.log:

Originally Posted by .fenix.log
[1841] Mar 29 11:38:56 [Debug] virtual void QMailStoreImplementationBase::reconnectIpc() messageserver is not running!
There was no messageserver.log, and it wasn't running either - so I assumed it doesn't get started at boot at all. Syslog didn't show anything meaningful either and starting /usr/bin/messageserver by hand didn't really help much either. This was all that Google found. It did point me to the /home/user/.qmf folder though (which was grown to 340M!).

I deleted the .qmf folder and rebooted - messageserver started again and fenix works as expected I added all accounts back and it's running okay...even after a reboot.

My guess is that it might have something to do with the fact that I deleted about 3000 messages from each mailbox some time before this all started and together with the overgrown .qmf folder messageserver just couldn't handle it. .qmf is now about 1.6M big, so that's better too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ziller For This Useful Post:
You can sync more than one phone on N9 too, but you can't sync two mobile phones ("mobile" means category) or two "home" phones for each contact. And I'm sure that N900 can't do it as well (like i wrote before - it is a protocol limitation). Probably on N900 phones mapping is working in a bit different way (I don't know, I wan't a Fremantle dev and I don't have N900).

Unfortunately, there is no copy-past feature in the email client atm, so I guess this is the only way :

3) You are not in always-on mode, so the appointment will be added in calendar automatically, but only after next synchronization.

Emm, just a wild guess. Maybe they are in sync with Facebook, Skype or any other service?
You are increadibly helful! Thanks! Spasibo!

Indeed the phone does not sync multiple entries labled as same category.

Indeed the accepted calendar appointments do show up upon a resync.

Indeed it sucks that I can not copy and paste text from an inbox email. - Well at leas on this one I know that I did not miss on how to do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Discoveryellow For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@Discoveryellow
You have to move message in question to the Drafts folder, then find it there and start editing it. Pretty complicated and unconvenient, but does the trick.
Dude that's the trick! Wow! Must tweet, blog, and FB post about it. I mean this is realy smart!!!

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950