Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Nothing, if you've ever used Windows Media Center on Windows 7 and left it on some song for a minute you'd see what I was trying to clone.

I still have some stuff like a wall of album arts as a background, anyway, it's just a fancy thing to have, nothing more, nothing less

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
well here's a huge bug in the stock media player (well actually the bug is in the system, but related to the media player) : album arts showing up in the photos app, this just pisses me of, i have tons of albums, each has like 3 album arts, and they all show up in the bloody photos app, and if we add the songs file to the nowatche directory in the tracker, the media player stops veiwing the album arts .
maybe the openmedia player can do something for that ?

and again 720p video playback would be awesome

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Nothing, if you've ever used Windows Media Center on Windows 7 and left it on some song for a minute you'd see what I was trying to clone.

I still have some stuff like a wall of album arts as a background, anyway, it's just a fancy thing to have, nothing more, nothing less
Ah ok. That makes sense :P I thought I was missing something obvious.

Also, you're probably aware of it but if you click the progress bar while a song is playing it has no effect, only dragging the bar will seek.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
just found some bug while u try to block the word after u searching it, it sometime cause misscommit or i dunno precisely similiar to filebox bug

P S : i insert the wrong image cause my home network got problem lightning struck and my cwllphone connection only get 6 kbps
i just upload from ka*kus

Last edited by cloud596; 2011-04-17 at 17:23.

does it play gapless from track to track? (like rockbox and unlike the stock media player)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jerryfreak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Haven't you read announcement? It'a not a bug, it's a feature
oh! I'm deeply sorry. I didn't recall that!

Originally Posted by jerryfreak View Post
does it play gapless from track to track? (like rockbox and unlike the stock media player)
No, again, it uses MAFW.

Keep in mind MAFW's actually open source and both this and the stock player can receive gapless playback if someone's up for patching it.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Don't think this has been mentioned yet but the songs don't sort properly in the "All Songs" list, it sorts uppercase first the lowercase seperately afterwards, the sorting should be insensitive to case. Also when sorting underscore is sorted after letters where stock media player sorts it before letters, not really bothered by this one just something I noticed.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Also has trouble playing songs with arabic titles.. But it's not a biggy! The player is looking great so far..

Btw, I don't know if it's available for this app or not, but bug reporting like this (replying in a thread) isn't as good as having an app garage open for it with a bug tracker..

Kinda ironic that it can't play arabic songs don't you think? :P

I've been digging through mafw's code, and stumbled across this in the changelog:
* Disable native flags in playbin2 temporarily since this is causing
trouble with some videos. Also, allow videos with resolution
up to 848x576.
* Changed highest resolution for fremantle

So I'm guessing that limit can be removed, unfortunately, grepping for 848 returns no results, so I'll have to look where it's limited.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse