Notices

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Well, I did this as the standard user in the terminal:

rm -Rf .config/pyradio

This does blow away my credentials, forcing me to re-enter my Pandora user name and password the next time I launch pyRadio.

However, I'm still not able to play any music. It just sits there with the channel name appearing in the drop down menu, but no album art nor any music playing.

This is on the N9, BTW...

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Northern Kentucky
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Bad news all. I have 'downgraded' my phone to a MyTouch4g Slide. *sigh*

No, I don't think Android is better than Maemo - my N900 was just getting old and running very sluggish as well as just getting beat up. I refuse to give Nokia another $600 for an N9 (also no keyboard==fail).. and there is just no decent upgrade.

Anyway.. I won't be using the N900 or pyRadio pretty much at all anymore. If someone notifies me that it's break I might try and keep it updated for you guys but support for the app will be very minimal from now on.

Sorry all, I've done what I can.
I saw a refurbished n900 for 200! Seriously though, thanks for keeping it going as long as you did.

Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Well, I did this as the standard user in the terminal:

rm -Rf .config/pyradio

This does blow away my credentials, forcing me to re-enter my Pandora user name and password the next time I launch pyRadio.

However, I'm still not able to play any music. It just sits there with the channel name appearing in the drop down menu, but no album art nor any music playing.

This is on the N9, BTW...
Same here on my n900. It is very frustrating because it says my account is authenticated and to select a radio station but then nothing happens. Hope this gets changed because pyradio is awesome.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Rhode Island
Originally Posted by willyg View Post
Same here on my n900. It is very frustrating because it says my account is authenticated and to select a radio station but then nothing happens. Hope this gets changed because pyradio is awesome.
Try changing your channel and then back to the original. This happens to me, too, but doing this helped.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
Originally Posted by DrKlaw View Post
Try changing your channel and then back to the original. This happens to me, too, but doing this helped.
Same trouble as above user it authenticates and just sits there,and its only showing one of my stations?
Fatalsaint, sorry about your 900, but don't forget about us.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Northern Kentucky
Here is what happens when I run PyRadio, the greatest application evar:

Radio Started.
Error: com.savagebeast.radio.RadioApplicationException: 192.168.160.201|1326466348346|PLAYLIST_END|SSL/TLS not supported for this call
Code: 0
Error calling slot "auth"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 222, in auth
self.getStations()
File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 254, in getStations
self.playStation()
File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 228, in playStation
self.player.getMoreSongs( self.curStation, self.c.format )
File "/opt/pyRadio/radioplayer.py", line 121, in getMoreSongs
fragment = self.pandora.getFragment( station, format )
File "/opt/pyRadio/libpiano/pandora.py", line 316, in getFragment
url = parsed[i]["audioURL"]
TypeError: string indices must be integers
('found new MAFW renderer %s', 'Mafw-Gst-Renderer')
using MAFW Gst-Renderer
MAFW PROPERTY RECEIVED 6090272 volume 6427848 <ctypes.LP__GError object at 0x447d2f80>
volume 28

I'm getting an error similar to Djhunt's:

Error: com.savagebeast.radio.RadioApplicationException: 192.168.160.72|1326469869580|PLAYLIST_END|SSL/TLS not supported for this call
Code: 0
Error calling slot "playStation"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 228, in playStation
self.player.getMoreSongs( self.curStation, self.c.format )
File "/opt/pyRadio/radioplayer.py", line 121, in getMoreSongs
fragment = self.pandora.getFragment( station, format )
File "/opt/pyRadio/libpiano/pandora.py", line 316, in getFragment
url = parsed[i]["audioURL"]
TypeError: string indices must be integers

well its sad to see the another n900 user is gone. i really liked this app too! i hope you can still find some time to wander back to fix pyradio or hopefully someone can take this project up!

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ florida ST.PETE
hi all,need help ..my pyradio is dead,i can still login and succesfull but radios no works no matter i create new station or use from my list,not losding songs,left window empty just show msg my email authentification succes...loged,any help????i tried update clean up in X terminal too.nothing help

First off, I would like to thank fatalsaint for all he gave to the community, particularly this little gem and its precursor. He will be missed...

Now, I don't know Python, and I damn sure don't know the maemo OS, but I think I've located a fix for the current issue plaguing pyRadio. (As normal, Pandora made a change that broke things for us.)

Here are the links that I found...
Similar bug report for pianobar...
Code fix from python app that pyRadio is based on... (I apologize if this link doesn't work, but the site is participating in the blackout to protest SOPA/PIPA so I can't verify it.)

In your favorite editor, open file "/opt/pyRadio/libpiano/pandora.py" for modification. (Requires superuser privileges... I used the "sudo gainroot" command.) On line 290, you should see "def getFragment". (This is just a baseline so you can make sure you're in the right place.) Modify line 295 as follows...
Code:
reqUrl = self.base_url_lid %( self.rid, self.lid, "getFragment" )
To:
Code:
reqUrl = self.base_url_lid.replace("https","http") %( self.rid, self.lid, "getFragment" )
That should be it. Save the file and try running pyRadio again. (W4M, YMMV.) Now if someone can figure out WTH is up with the authentication, that would be great because it's a PITA to have to delete the config file before each run.

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio