Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Keir View Post
ahhh that 2nd command worked, thanks.

So I've got 54% remaing, thats great. But is there not a setting to have this in the status area?
As far as I know there is no setting to show the remaining battery info in the status area. Think I read about an app that is currently in development that will do that, but not sure about that.

In the meanwhile you might want to try the `Desktop Command Execution Widget’ from exrtas-devel.
It lets you execute shell commands right from your desktop without openining a XTerm window.

Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
open xterm and enter

lshal|grep bat
I tried this command it gave me a lomg list. when I check the status, I didn't get any percent of battery charge.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bugslife For This Useful Post:
Exactly...i rather see % battery on the status bar than INSIDE the desktop. Someone did come out with an app for putting battery % on the desktop and i am not interested because i want it to be on the status bar at ALL TIME so that whatever ur using or whatever app ur opening...u can always see the battery charge ANYWHERE on the screen.

Unfortunately, nobody is able to come up with an app like that!

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Bugslife View Post
I tried this command it gave me a lomg list. when I check the status, I didn't get any percent of battery charge.
From the long list check on line 5:
"battery.charge_level.percentage = XX"
While XX stands for percent of battery charge...

You may also change the command like this:
lshal|grep percentage
or shorter
lsha|grep perc

As said earlier, of course this is just a workaround for a status bar entry as asked for in this thread...
But an app for this might as far as I know already be in development. Little bit patience might help here...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mboro - UK
It must be possible, its in the get started video!

I gather that this picture was taken while still in production, as noted in a previous reply.
Looks like final roll out firmware didnt include this feature.

Would be nice to have though ((((

Crispy

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=36613
More informative guide about getting battery information, not just the percentage. Also shows an easy way to make an alias to tell the battery percentage with "b" as well as some other aliases for more information.

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
I reckon this could be easily created by a developer, the % used or remaining is obviously monitored in the system somewhere, the status area can have buttons added to it.
Just a matter of a geezer somewhere spending a few hours sorting it out ..... I'll be installing this one as soon as it appears!
It could say something like 55%/4hrs remaining

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Kaunas, Lithuania
Originally Posted by Keir View Post
It must be possible, its in the get started video!

It's just N900 commercial, saying that device battery would last 5 hour of active usage, not real screenshot.

Originally Posted by pickle View Post
Is a pipe ||||||||

But my n900 keyboard (UK) doesnt show one. Any ideas?
Press the function key, then the 'sym' key, then tap the pipe from the list.