Notices

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
Looking better and better cant wait to have it

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

Originally Posted by hermes040 View Post
@ Trans Tech

If you want to provide alternative wallpapers, I've extracted some more of the original ones for you
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=159

Ok, I'll add 'em, btw I'm thinking of adding a bunch of 'em in a new thread.

Edit: Extra Wallpapers Added.. See first post.

Last edited by TransTech; 2012-03-08 at 07:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TransTech For This Useful Post:
There were some issues for packaging this (and there could be some more). Issues can be
*fixed properly
*hacked over
*passed to the user

Issues so far:
*Harmattan Icon Pack for White themes: not in installable state because packaging tool (py2deb) had bug: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...38&postcount=4
Tool fixed: http://maemo.org/packages/view/python2.5-py2deb/
Waiting for new icon-pack release.

*Harmattan theme didn't have maintainer anymore : http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=124
Fixed: http://maemo.org/packages/view/harmattan-theme/

Current issue: Is there way to distribute QueenBeecon-widget inside of deb-package? I can't find any example or any documentation for this. If this is not fixed/hacked, users must manually make 89 steps (16*4+12+13, when number of desktops are 4).

---
My vision:
*Nokia pure comes from ttf-nokiapure
*Files for harmattan-theme and harmattan-icons-pack-for-white-themes goes to the corresponding packages.
*The QBW Resources will make three own packages, something like nemo-dockbar-widget, harmattan-clock-widget, harmattan-date-widget
(*something?)
*Wallpapers, transitions, settings for QtLockscreen... forms package MaeMeeMo, which also do some tuning if needed (hide application button from theme and so on).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
There were some issues for packaging this (and there could be some more). Issues can be
*fixed properly
*hacked over
*passed to the user

Issues so far:
*Harmattan Icon Pack for White themes: not in installable state because packaging tool (py2deb) had bug: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...38&postcount=4
Tool fixed: http://maemo.org/packages/view/python2.5-py2deb/
Waiting for new icon-pack release.

*Harmattan theme didn't have maintainer anymore : http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=124
Fixed: http://maemo.org/packages/view/harmattan-theme/

Current issue: Is there way to distribute QueenBeecon-widget inside of deb-package? I can't find any example or any documentation for this. If this is not fixed/hacked, users must manually make 89 steps (16*4+12+13, when number of desktops are 4).

---
My vision:
*Nokia pure comes from ttf-nokiapure
*Files for harmattan-theme and harmattan-icons-pack-for-white-themes goes to the corresponding packages.
*The QBW Resources will make three own packages, something like nemo-dockbar-widget, harmattan-clock-widget, harmattan-date-widget
(*something?)
*Wallpapers, transitions, settings for QtLockscreen... forms package MaeMeeMo, which also do some tuning if needed (hide application button from theme and so on).
Great.. I have already sent a request to @Sid Austin about the icons update and I hope it will be coming soon...

Good to see your are now the maintainer for The Harmattan theme but I have a small problem with it, that is, I had remove the App-menu icons from the MaeMeeMo update for harmattan theme with some spacial tweaks... so I think the theme's app menu icon should be replaced. and later changed through MaeMeeMo package.

//[REMOVED]//

thanks..

edit: I got a quick idea/solution... how about apending the QBWs code [in my file] to .queen_beecon file found at [home/user/] of other members...

[p.s. one drawback, the widgets will be placed on desktop 4 [main screen] and one menu icon on 1,2 and 3 desktops. Needed to be verified. ]

Last edited by TransTech; 2012-03-08 at 16:45.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
great , sorry fol
Triple Booting : maemo, power kernel 47, nitdroid umay 2,3,4

make ur desktop look awesome use symbian-anna-icons and harmattan icon pack

thanx button if u wanna say thanx dont use reply to save space loo

what programming used for MaeMeeMo? same as CSSU? ok i am for CSSU or MaeMeeMo features of CSSU for portrait but also MaeMeeMo. who else? can go for CSSU to download. in app manager search. can you say to CSSU and put together.? there can be menu choice for regular CSSU or MaeMeeMo for both choices. it is great work but icons for top in lockscreen and portrait with time are different. the icons on bottom ok but look like iphone and also to install in app manager more options. right now is mostly Maemo with different icons. lets vote for MaeMeeMo CSSU version! or make more Meego version. i will wait for files for app manager. let meknow for testing. just need to install once instead of many files.

Originally Posted by TransTech View Post
Finally, after about 15 to 20 days of hardwork in my spare time (edit: and further 8 days of typing the guide), I have something really beautiful thing to give to my most loved community.

So this (Project) is called MaeMeeMo i.e. Its a mixture of Maemo5, Meego (Harmattan) and Nemo. As you all can see in the screenshots and the Intro Image (below), it has the goodness of Maemo5 (Homescreens), Meego (Harmattan) standby screen as lockscreen, and Nemo look and feel.

THIS is NOT an APP, its a transformation pack which requires some resources like themes, transitions, icons, depending apps and plugins. etc.

So here we go!, the look and the intro Image as a sneak peek.

what programming used for MaeMeeMo? same as CSSU? ok i am for CSSU or MaeMeeMo features of CSSU for portrait but also MaeMeeMo. who else? can go for CSSU to download. in app manager search. can you say to CSSU and put together.? there can be menu choice for regular CSSU or MaeMeeMo for both choices. it is great work but icons for top in lockscreen and portrait with time are different. the icons on bottom ok but look like iphone and also to install in app manager more options. right now is mostly Maemo with different icons. lets vote for MaeMeeMo CSSU version! or make more Meego version. i will wait for files for app manager. let meknow for testing. just need to install once instead of many files.

Originally Posted by sihng View Post

Wait...wait...wait... MaeMeeMo is not an App, nor its a OS [OS Mod] ... it is just a modification/transformation pack...! Which gives you a new look, very similar like the Meego/Nemo.. thats it.

It cannot be incorporated into CSSU because its out of its scope.. [i.e. Provide fixes to system and add missing features, viz. Portrait Orientation, Better camera, open music player, and other stuff]

About the icons in Lockscreen and homescreen its at your own choice.. i.e. you can change them by changing the icons with theme-customizer and change your lockscreen with the help of qtlockscreen config.

Edit: The .deb package file [the one you can get from app manager] is coming soon... so please wait for it, if you want to reduce the steps in the MaeMeeMo guide.

Last edited by TransTech; 2012-03-08 at 17:10.

Originally Posted by TransTech View Post
Wait...wait...wait... MaeMeeMo is not an App, nor its a OS [OS Mod] ... it is just a modification/transformation pack...! Which gives you a new look, very similar like the Meego/Nemo.. thats it.

It cannot be incorporated into CSSU because its out of its scope.. [i.e. Provide fixes to system and add missing features, viz. Portrait Orientation, Better camera, open music player, and other stuff]

About the icons in Lockscreen and homescreen its at your own choice.. i.e. you can change them by changing the icons with theme-customizer and change your lockscreen with the help of qtlockscreen config.
ok for app manager for one file? for icons on top for lockscreen are not in portrait like Meego. also no swipe. ask the CSSU for changes!

Originally Posted by sihng View Post
ok for app manager for one file? for icons on top for lockscreen are not in portrait like Meego. also no swipe. ask the CSSU for changes!
Do you mean Lockscreen in portrait as well as landscape? or What do you mean by icons in lockscreen are not in protrait like Meego? please explain...

Swipe is not possible on N900, , buy a N9 for that.

As I already said, CSSU is meant to add patches and provide system upgrades as Nokia will not be updating our N900s, it will not add new features [only missing features to current apps].

Tags
maemeemo