Active Topics

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Santiago, Chile
Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
d. Nokia has opened up Maemo/MeeGo even further than it was, not less, and increased the chances of the platform not just surviving but prospering with a wider choice of hardware and software.
that is what i am so excited about. more choice for the consumer (without apple or google)

Could you post a link to Bloomberg's confirmation that they will not develop any apps for N900/Maemo/Meego? Thanks.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
Gosh, your so dreamy, your like the Shaft of these boards! Go get 'em tiger!!

Or...

Cut it with the self importance rubbish. If you were that 'in' with Nokia, your mates would have told you this is how it would be. Considering your 'inside knowledge', you seem a little surprised at how things have panned out.

And what exactly did you expect from the first device to run a new OS? Did you not see it coming that things would take time, and there may be some teething issues? And if you don't like it, sell it and buy an Iphone. Open letter to Nokia, honestly! Founded on gossip and whispers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luke Valentine For This Useful Post:
Posts: 82 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
@Viipottaja subscribe to bloomberg professional/anywhere and ask your rep.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I think there's a VERY BIG chance N900 will be supported by MeeGo... just because it's available today. Can you imagine what portable device the developers will be handed off to start developing on MeeGo's (alpha) builds today? Yeah, N900s.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Does anybody buy a device this days for what it does? Not for what a blog somewhere says it will do. Or imagination, or dreams. I was about to feel the same when it was announced that the n800 will not get a new version after diablo. Than I realized that my tablet is not less useful after knowing that new updates will not come.

Now that MeGoo (who thinks this names?) *might* not work did you loose multitasking ? native aps ? (as oposed custom crap on top of a kernel android) openness? debian? keyboard? fast cpu? web browsing?

If Microsoft will tell you that it plans releasing windows 8 128 bit that won't work on your current laptop will you curse and scream at hp/lenovo/whatever?

I still use an n800 daily even if Nokia dropped suport some time ago. Guess what people still develop for it, updates still come, and usable mer (maybe with 3d acc.) is just around the corner.

Heck if the n900 will run MeGoo everybody will start wining when Nokia will announce FeFloo.
Common, get over it! When you bought the n900 you didn't even know what the $%^& megoo is. Now everybody is wining that it won't work on the n900.

Last edited by icebox; 2010-02-16 at 19:06.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to icebox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Originally Posted by groeit View Post
@dancairo, of course I did my research. If you would check my other posts you would know that. So do your research before posting stupid replies.
not at all stupid actually...use the search to look for 'boo hoo my phone isn't all i'd imagined it to be' and such rubbish...
it's a great gadget..it works now and it will for the forseable whether nokia drop it or not...enjoy it and quid whining.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I think there's a VERY BIG chance N900 will be supported by MeeGo... just because it's available today. Can you imagine what portable device the developers will be handed off to start developing on MeeGo's (alpha) builds today? Yeah, N900s.
The LG GW990?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
if the OP actually worked for nokia he wouldnt be posting here unofficially and not knowing what is happening with the N900 (esp. since he speaks with execs)....

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
I never worked _for_ nokia Robert.