Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
It would be ironic if one of the companies was Nokia...
It would be EPIC if it was nokia...Sign me up for one. I think i will get at the same time as I get my jPhone...

Unfortunately, I think its ZTE... But an even more advance version of Edge like 4 GB beast with nice big screen and a fast browser and I'm in.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

A Nokia Lumia hardware and a Canonical software?
No thanks I rather shoot myself.

or get an iPhone.

I'm flattered

tried ubuntu on my nexus, didnt like it, very broken.

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
tried ubuntu on my nexus, didnt like it, very broken.
Did you try the latest release? I Remember that the first one was a kind of preview. The Latest one is more usable for everyday use. I wish to install it but the process is a bit "hard" for me (too much command line stuff).
For the moment i'm using Cyanogen 11(kitkat) and it's so stable that i don't want to install another rom or OS. Let me know your experience with Ubuntu OS.

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
A Nokia Lumia hardware and a Canonical software?
No thanks I rather shoot myself.

or get an iPhone.
Hahahaha, you made my day (i'm going to stand for an exam). But an hardware with android running would be great.

Last edited by Boemien; 2013-12-16 at 17:16.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Nokia and Ubuntu - going from one Linux based OS, under-funding it, then go to an over-hyped Linux based OS?

Full circle.

I'd bet it's Lenovo.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Nokia and Ubuntu - going from one Linux based OS, under-funding it, then go to an over-hyped Linux based OS?

Full circle.

I'd bet it's Lenovo.
I would love that. Just ordered a Levono laptop. Unfortunatly it comes without Ubuntu. Levono Edge.

We can expect device in May June.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I would love that. Just ordered a Levono laptop. Unfortunatly it comes without Ubuntu. Levono Edge.

We can expect device in May June.
/offtopic:
Lenovo makes nice laptops, yes. I have got more than one of those, T60 and T61 series...
And naturally I run Ubuntu on the devices. (12.04) And a now writing this on one

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
/offtopic:
Lenovo makes nice laptops, yes. I have got more than one of those, T60 and T61 series...
And naturally I run Ubuntu on the devices. (12.04) And a now writing this on one
How is their phones? I would love to see an upgraded k900 with Ubuntu.

Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2014
Start date:
Feb 24 2014 @ 00:00
End date:
Feb 27 2014 @ 00:00
Canonical are proud to have a presence at Mobile World Congress (MWC) Barcelona, Spain and have a 70sqm booth in exhibit hall 8.1 (#8.1E49). MWC is one of the most internationally renowned mobile industry events, showcasing some of the worlds largest companies across both the mobile and technology industries and exploring the latest products and trends facing the marketplace.

Pop by to the Canonical/Ubuntu booth as we will be showcasing all the new, cool and exciting developments on the Ubuntu phone and tablet, and giving you a unique opportunity to experience these devices first hand!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Well, I couldn't wait so I tried to dress my GN3 like an ubuntu phone... (I know, looks terrible. Don't worry, I won't quit my day job to become a themer! )
Attached Images