Posts: 40 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
I've noticed for my part that if I'm logged in to any IM account the battery will quickly drain out, otherwise I can have 3G w/ internet for a whole day.

I had the same thing I changethe phone twicw and the battery three times before I gave up and exchange the N900 for a HTC HD2. I relly liked the N900 but 3 hours battery life is a joke, The HD2 with the same usuage last 11/2 to 2 days between charges. If i use the HD2 a lot i.e internet, calls, navigation and a few games then it lasts 8 hours.

Originally Posted by dhester View Post
I had the same thing I changethe phone twicw and the battery three times before I gave up and exchange the N900 for a HTC HD2. I relly liked the N900 but 3 hours battery life is a joke, The HD2 with the same usuage last 11/2 to 2 days between charges. If i use the HD2 a lot i.e internet, calls, navigation and a few games then it lasts 8 hours.
you sold your phone and still came back, you must missing it.

i have no idea how did you get only 3 hr battery life

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
Really? i brought a $700 device to carry an extra batt around for one day, not my idea of a tablet but thanks for the advice, il wait around for pr 1.2 see how we go then
Yes, I understand -- that extra ounce is important!!

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Mate i dont care if its the size of a feather, the point im trying to make it that we SHOULD not have to carry a spare battery around for one days use its obsurd

The Following User Says Thank You to lucas777 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Mate i dont care if its the size of a feather, the point im trying to make it that we SHOULD not have to carry a spare battery around for one days use its obsurd
Yes, the moral issue is crucial.

Originally Posted by toto29820 View Post
you sold your phone and still came back, you must missing it.

i have no idea how did you get only 3 hr battery life
Yes I do miss the N900, if the battery problem des get sorted I would get another one.

I come here to keep track of things and to see when PR1.2 is released.

Since today my battery has only lasted 4 hours from a full charge, I have nothing on any of the desktops at all, I removed almost all the apps I had installed and have only recieved 2 text messages

I have had the phone on charge for an hour tonight via USB and I unplugged the USB and it immediately said Battery Low and started beeping (it is charging though)

I have no 3g enabled and im only using the phone for text messages and yet my battery wont last 4 hours

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Yep afaq im pretty sure we have the exact same problem, same thing with me on msn pecan and stuff drains so fast, if u come up with anything give me a yell, i dont wanna overclock at all i have no need to, so i guess its wait for PR1.2 then see how we go. So i just wanna make sure its not a fault with the phone and its just the software side of things.
pecan is so power consuming that it could explain about everything. try disabling msn account for a while.

e: what about your 3g coverage? try switching to 2g after you have tested with pecan. if your device switches 3g celltowers constantly, 3 hours is almost an miracle.. same goes to every 3g telephone ever made (except mods that have laptop battery attached or similar...)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Last edited by ossipena; 2010-04-14 at 19:11.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by *Sonic* View Post
Since today my battery has only lasted 4 hours from a full charge, I have nothing on any of the desktops at all, I removed almost all the apps I had installed and have only recieved 2 text messages

I have had the phone on charge for an hour tonight via USB and I unplugged the USB and it immediately said Battery Low and started beeping (it is charging though)

I have no 3g enabled and im only using the phone for text messages and yet my battery wont last 4 hours
you charge with pc, right? have you considered switching to actual charger? an hour with pc usb hardly keeps the battery level where it was when plugged in.....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search