Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
could you impleent custom User Agent? IF you use QML WebView, then there was a workaround somewhere on the net.
Yes, but I need to update the components first. Currently, the WebView component uses the default QWebPage. I will add the option to set a custom WebPage instance and re-implement QWebPage::userAgentForUrl() in the WebPage component to allow application developers to set the user agent.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Marshall Banana View Post
Very good so far

Some things i noticed:
  • When in fullscreen mode and page finished loading, the "exit fullscreen" button disappears after scrolling. It reappears if i scroll again, but it disappears again after scrolling finished. The button doesn't disappear if i scroll to the top of the page. Is this a bug or a feature?
It's a feature, although I just noticed that the behaviour is not quite correct. There should be timer to allow the button to remain visible for a brief time after scolling stops.

• I tried using an url handler for youtube to watch/open in cutetube. If cutetube is not open, cutetube's display method doesn't get called. But that seems to be known
I noticed this myself the other day. I'm not sure why the method is not called on startup. I did make some changes the DBus handling in cuteTube without updating the adaptor code, so the chances are I just need to update the adaptor code.

• Is it possible to do a page reflow, like when you press CTRL+SHIFT+I in microb?
I can add an action with the same shortcut that asks the QWebView to update itself (re-draw its contents). I'm not sure if that will be enough to mimic the behaviour in MicroB. I just tried that shortcut in MicroB, and it didn't seem to do anything (apart from raise the toolbar), but presumably that's because no changes were made to the content during the reflow.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I can add an action with the same shortcut that asks the QWebView to update itself (re-draw its contents). I'm not sure if that will be enough to mimic the behaviour in MicroB. I just tried that shortcut in MicroB, and it didn't seem to do anything (apart from raise the toolbar), but presumably that's because no changes were made to the content during the reflow.
Zoom in and try again

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
It uses version 4.7.0 in SSU or 4.7.4 in CSSU. It should be possible to upgrade it 4.8.*, if you want to compile from source.
omg !
i dont know how much work it can take but i want to know why are you avoiding the latest version available? it seems in qt 4.7.4 a lot of bugfixes and improvments were done so it definately should be better is stock fremantle support really necessary? only a tiny fraction have not upgraded to cssu as it looks like

anyway we hope for better and you know what to do

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
omg !
i dont know how much work it can take but i want to know why are you avoiding the latest version available? it seems in qt 4.7.4 a lot of bugfixes and improvments were done so it definately should be better is stock fremantle support really necessary? only a tiny fraction have not upgraded to cssu as it looks like
It uses the installed version, so on CSSU it's 4.7.4.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
Zoom in and try again
I actually did that, but it seems I didn't zoom in far enough (or I just zoomed in on the 'wrong' place). I tried it again, and I can now see the page being re-drawn.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by murik View Post
try in terminal

root
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get install -f
Done, but still same problem in HAM

I guess i'll install this when reach Extras, just want to try.

Greetings

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
It uses the installed version, so on CSSU it's 4.7.4.
thanx so it can use qt webkit 4.8 which is nice enough and nor too outdated its win win
i think marxian misinterpeted qt webkit 4.8 to qt 4.8 i think

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
i think marxian misinterpeted qt webkit 4.8 to qt 4.8 i think
No, I meant you can compile QtWebKit 4.8 from source, and it *should* work with Qt 4.7.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Manage to install it.

Works pretty well i must say.

When log in on a web site, doesn't show the letters for a second (like microb) on the password field, kinda handy just in case.

Youtube works.

Greetings.

Tags
browser, components, hildon, maemo 5, web browser