Hi!
I was liking my N900, but when I connected it to my computer, it wasn't recognized, so I thought rebooting it would help. However, the phone would not reboot, it would show the Nokia logo with the backlight for a few seconds then shut off. I figured it didn't have enough juice to start up, so I plugged it into the computer. What would happen then is that the phone would turn on and show the Nokia logo (without the backlight) and then turn off and back on. Sometimes the orange charging indicator light would be on, and others time it wouldn't be on. I thought that maybe the computer wasn't supplying enough power, so I several different chargers (one included, generic USB power adapter) and they all had the same problem. I then tried it with another computer, and had the same problem except that ocassionally the orange light would be on (always solid and not flashing) without showing the Nokia logo.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Any help would be appreciated!

-Kevin

I would call the manufacturer if I were you, since not a lot of people have
the device yet.

Ok, I'll see what I can find out. I asked on IRC, but no one else seemed to have this problem. Can anyone else confirm having this issue? I wonder if I might have gotten a pre-production unit (I won it from a contest) becuase the box has a big "NOT FOR SALE" sticker on it that I just discovered.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
As your next step, try charging from the wall, not from the computer.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

MountainX:
I tried that, and still had the same issue

Originally Posted by krfkeith View Post
Ok, I'll see what I can find out. I asked on IRC, but no one else seemed to have this problem. Can anyone else confirm having this issue? I wonder if I might have gotten a pre-production unit (I won it from a contest) becuase the box has a big "NOT FOR SALE" sticker on it that I just discovered.
well i think you can know from the manufacture location under the battery i heard that pre production units were made in finland ...

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
check out this thread and see if it is related:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34983

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

Ok,
I checked under the battery and it says "Made in Korea" so perhaps I was wrong? It also says "Type:RX-51" I know that was the original code name, but I'm not sure if that's normal or not.

mm maybe its a special unit for the people who one it anyway glad u are not facing problems with it hope i dont face them when i receive mine i pre ordered like 2 months ago

@MountainX
We do appear to have similar problems, that guy even won his like I did! Creepy! Anyway, let me see if I can reflash it and see if that helps.

Tags
lack of quality control