Notices

MIDI2Usb could be a good way to implement the physical part, I assume... Plenty of adaptors for hooking up old controllers to a computer, in that way. At least that's how I hook up a Midiboard to the computer.

I'd would be nice if the program could handle polyphonic aftertouch messages... But I'm getting carried away.

All thumbs up for NightRadio!

wonderful program, I made one small piece for my fish, and I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leFWPhHgcpY

Last edited by riverus; 2011-01-02 at 07:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to riverus For This Useful Post:
EDIT: App won't output sound in 'silent' mode, even with headphones plugged in.

Must be Monday...

..i also have the problem with muted sound in silent mode but this seems to be a maemo specific problem. All my apps seem to be muted in silent mode except the mediaplayer and the phone.

@riverus .. nice to see that you share your music here.. i have to continue my music :-)

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
@lq_sunshine

Perhaps you know the answer to a question I have. Is there any way to combine tracks of different length and/or time measure?

What I am trying to achieve is a finer grid to work on, for instance to make more refined drumfills. One of the ways I used to do that on my regular tracker is by combining either tracks of different length, id est, change them on the fly, program the fills, and change the length of the track back to the previous setting, or combine 4/4th and 6/8th to get there.

I have been fiddling around but couldn't get it to work. Is that possible anyway?

Originally Posted by lq_sunshine View Post
..i also have the problem with muted sound in silent mode but this seems to be a maemo specific problem. All my apps seem to be muted in silent mode except the mediaplayer and the phone.

@riverus .. nice to see that you share your music here.. i have to continue my music :-)
thanks, I love the program. I am just a noob on the music side, long way to go.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Somewhere in Europe
@anthonie: At the times of Fast Tracker II I used to use doubled/trippled BPM tempo for the whole song to have more 'dense' grid for drumrolls etc.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
@devildriven

If you do not have zip/unzip installed, you'll need that. Unpack the thing (it's a complete set, even though it's ridiculously small (good programming here!) and contains all available platform versions) and browse with your file manager to the unpacked sunvox folder, in there you'll find the maemo folder with a deb. Just click it and HAM should open up to get it installed.

I had a bit of trouble installing libgles1, so I ended up just picking a game that uses OpenGL (GLtron to be precise) and had libgles1 installed as a dependency of that game.

If you do not like HAM, you can of course open a terminal, cd to the folder where your deb is located and install using

Code:
dpkg -i <packagename>
Enjoy!

@cube48

I am not sure I understand what your approach would bring me. What I want is the ability to program triplets and the like. How would increasing the speed make that possible?

Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
@lq_sunshine

Perhaps you know the answer to a question I have. Is there any way to combine tracks of different length and/or time measure?

What I am trying to achieve is a finer grid to work on, for instance to make more refined drumfills. One of the ways I used to do that on my regular tracker is by combining either tracks of different length, id est, change them on the fly, program the fills, and change the length of the track back to the previous setting, or combine 4/4th and 6/8th to get there.

I have been fiddling around but couldn't get it to work. Is that possible anyway?

Hi i am also a beginner with sunvox and don't know how to combine different time measure. Maybe it can be helpful to play with the delay/offset parameters of the notes so simulate a higher time resolution (e.g.to achieve a swing effect)

I think nightradio is the one who knows the answers..

Last edited by lq_sunshine; 2011-01-06 at 12:44.

Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
Sorry, no direct way.
Only, as sayd cube48 and lq_sunshine in their posts.
But i put this feature to the SunVox to-do list.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NightRadio For This Useful Post:

Tags
fasttracker, synth, tracker