Closed Thread
I'm trying to buy a supposedly new N900 from eBay India. But the problem is, the seller says 'dont update the software , if you do, you will be unable to use a sim card with it' . I dunno what the hell he means by that. I know I'm really late to the Maemo party. I've been saving money for the better part of 2 years for the day I get my hands on this baby... I'm basically buying the phone as a home science project, to keep me occupied on the weekends..please help me!
Should take the plunge and buy the phone? Is it possible the phone can be bricked if I update it?

Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Not as far as I know. N900 was (mostly) never tied to any operator/etc.. besides, if you should never update the software, then you can never flash the device.
In your shoes, i would just make sure that the device is a real N900, and buy it .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
i haven't updated my n9 yet. i mean ever. so i heard about pr1.2, and i heard a lot of good things about it..

do i need to update my n9 to pr1.1 first or should i go directly download 1.2?

The Following User Says Thank You to anne.lones For This Useful Post:
Hi,

Last day i've record video with my N9 (MeeGo 1.2 PR1.2 30.2012.07)
, everything went well. today i've tried to see the video and it doesn't exist. Where is the "buffer" folder? is there a way to recover the missing video?

thanks,
deckard

The Following User Says Thank You to deckard For This Useful Post:
thank u for ur advise`!

The Following User Says Thank You to traitrita For This Useful Post:
i need help with getting htc weather widget on my n900, i keep getting error : image not found.can someone help. thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to 5waleed1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Italy
Hi All!
I'm a New Entry of your fantastic site..
I hope we'll share a lot of info about this wonderful world called MAEMO!

The Following User Says Thank You to fenix_86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ indonesia
any some one can help me i want to install scratchbox from this site http://www.nokiausers.net/forum/noki...r-running.html
but am having trouble entering newgrp sbox nokia-binaries and I are unable to use the command apt-get update
even though I've followed the steps to add newgrp sbox ..
please help i really hope

The Following User Says Thank You to ersanpermana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ philippines
why? for me because it has it all

On N900 you can install many Operating System:Android, Ubuntu...

That you can't do on all common smartphones

Making it A Power House.

>OPENLINE...

>Full QWERTY slideKeyboard...

>Fast Wifi

>FM transmitter and receiver

>Infrared transmitter for universal remote control. dslr camera and more...

>up to 90Gb memory...

>memory Card slot..

>Sound MP3 ringtones
with stereo speakers
3.5mm jack...

>Primary Camera with panorama and a Dual LED flash. that can be use for flashlight and more...

>Secondary Camera for mirroring, Skype IM and Video Chat.. more..

>A modern very responsive resistive touch screen. precision not like the capative

>video Out...

>build in Stylus

and this are only the tip-of the iceberg

yes it is not so powerful and perfect but see the full picture. all the high-end phone that as been release 4 years ago... are?

new user here.
im not a hardcore fanboy im just a smart guy.
choosing only the best of its kind.

many thank's to all hardworking admin and user. one of the best internet community in the world...

The Following User Says Thank You to kristoffer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by ersanpermana View Post
any some one can help me i want to install scratchbox from this site http://www.nokiausers.net/forum/noki...r-running.html
but am having trouble entering newgrp sbox nokia-binaries and I are unable to use the command apt-get update
even though I've followed the steps to add newgrp sbox ..
please help i really hope
What errors do you get? Have you tried to use backup repositories, such as http://skeiron.org/tablets-dev/ ?
And when writing messages here, you may use markup, such as [code][//code], to make it easier to differentiate text from code.
Originally Posted by 5waleed1 View Post
i need help with getting htc weather widget on my n900, i keep getting error : image not found.can someone help. thanks
I am confused, too... I do not know much about weather widgets. I can point you to Weather lockscreen and widget...it works now. , but I am not sure it's what you wish to have. If it is possible, can you elaborate on the filepath of the image which cannot be found?
Originally Posted by deckard View Post
Hi,

Last day i've record video with my N9 (MeeGo 1.2 PR1.2 30.2012.07)
, everything went well. today i've tried to see the video and it doesn't exist. Where is the "buffer" folder? is there a way to recover the missing video?

thanks,
deckard
Is only one video missing, or all videos recorded by the camera? Are photographs missing, too? If yes, it may be possible that the device considers itself in mass storage mode, or has in some other way (temporarily) prevented access to this part of memory.
Originally Posted by anne.lones View Post
i haven't updated my n9 yet. i mean ever. so i heard about pr1.2, and i heard a lot of good things about it..

do i need to update my n9 to pr1.1 first or should i go directly download 1.2?
I am not sure, but quoting from IRC log of #harmattan:
Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck
you can go straight from pr1.0 to pr1.2 via ssu btw, in fact, now that pr1.2 is out you can't go to pr1.1
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
help i'm stuck, help wanted