Active Topics

Posted on 2010-06-23 06:40 UTC by nathan nicholas. Status: Waiting

So this is what i'm thinking...
Hands free via the fm transmitter! Since i installed the FMTX widget i noticed that every sound is transmitted when switched on, games, videos, system sounds, youtube aswell as music n internet radio, when my phone rings i get my ringtone through the radio too but when i answer the sound is disabled? How hard can it be to have the conversation transmitted too? I think this would be the best hands free to date! Also anyone who uses fm tranmitter may have noticed that when data is not available while listening to internet radio the transmitter goes on some kind of standby untill a connection is established again and the transmitter is enabled automatically. So if its possible to have the phone call transmitted but with the transmitter on standby untill a call is detected. I think the ear piece should continue to work while being transmitted too incase you forget to switch off this new idea? So far the only way of handsfree i have is to plug my phone into my van via the headphone socket and selecting aux when instead i can just use fmtx for my music and take calls without pressing a thing? I hope someone is willing to take this idea and make it work because i would use it all day every day!
Nath

The Following User Says Thank You to natedog400 For This Useful Post:
I wouldnt, think of how easy it is to pick your conversation up! even if you are not aware of it, scanners are used all the time, for various reasons, some are more sensetive than others and can pick you up instantly, thats a huge privacy breach.
other than that, nice idea

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Kerala,India
Even I had thought about the same thing using the FM transmitter instead of a BT car kit. I too noticed that the phone audio is not transmitted.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I think this idea has been brought up (and shot down) a few times in other threads about FM transmitter...

And I've also seen a commercial product that works similarly (Dongle that connects to headphone-out, transmit via FM) that's called Jupiter Jack... or something.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by ironm8 View Post
I wouldnt, think of how easy it is to pick your conversation up! even if you are not aware of it, scanners are used all the time, for various reasons, some are more sensetive than others and can pick you up instantly, thats a huge privacy breach.
other than that, nice idea
I hear ya my good man! I'd still use it tho, If you picked up a converstion from me you'd be hugely dissapointed! Also, i think the chances of someone being in the right place at the right time with a scanner and near enough to pick it up are pretty slim. I think a lot of people would use it and alot who share your thoughts wouldn't but still... Its a good idea i reckon
Nath

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I think this idea has been brought up (and shot down) a few times in other threads about FM transmitter...

And I've also seen a commercial product that works similarly (Dongle that connects to headphone-out, transmit via FM) that's called Jupiter Jack... or something.
Your right, they require batteries and look hidious? I'd use one if there was no other option i guess?

I once helped with beatiing the crap of a commercial techie with a laptop in a cofee place, hacking ppl's gsms just for info, poor bastard. He was trying to gather information for a few cooparations in my country. like habbits, brands ext.
I am not the paranoid type at all, but i want to be left alone or at least think i am alone lol, if i was i'd take some wierd encrypted SAT-phone and not N900

On-Topic, you are right about ppl not trying to pick calls on radio freq's however, for instance in my area due to sooo many radio channels i only have about 3-4 freq's i can use with the FM trans. imagine how many ppl use the exact same freqs Also. military use scanners all the time for their own use, they probably will get a laugh out of your conversations

i think it is had bin a great ide

use headfones whit fm radio at work and it had bean a great thing just too huck it up whit a mic same in the car

hope some one can do a thing whit it

Just

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by natedog400 View Post
Your right, they require batteries and look hidious? I'd use one if there was no other option i guess?
Oh, I was just shooting down the notion that this idea was new with that hideous piece of $!@#

I'm not broadcasting my chatters over FM.. I don't need my neighbors to listen in. I've got enough audience in the feds, homeland sec and NSA...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Tags
handsfree