Active Topics

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by dylanemcgregor View Post
So is there a reason that Samsung won't give us a dedicated app switching button on their devices? The Note 2 seems like it will be pretty appealing, but I'd really like that 4th button.
Having a dedicated app switching button is nice. There are some other ways to switch apps on Note that are not bad. If you press the home button, then task manager you can find recently used apps both open and closed. Also, something I like more and more. If you are currently using an app and do a long press of the home button it will superimpose your recently used apps over your currently used app. You can then switch to another app from there and cycle over any set of apps that way. This did not close the apps I was using so I could go from reading an email to editing a file to doing something with a terminal. When I cycled through the applications it put me where I left off.

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Having a dedicated app switching button is nice. There are some other ways to switch apps on Note that are not bad. If you press the home button, then task manager you can find recently used apps both open and closed. Also, something I like more and more. If you are currently using an app and do a long press of the home button it will superimpose your recently used apps over your currently used app. You can then switch to another app from there and cycle over any set of apps that way. This did not close the apps I was using so I could go from reading an email to editing a file to doing something with a terminal. When I cycled through the applications it put me where I left off.
I'm aware of the long press, and it's better than nothing, but far from ideal. What I'd really like is some sort of gesture that would replicate alt+tab, but lacking that a dedicated button that would pull up all your active applications (and really, I want it to only pull up active applications, not recently used applications that might be closed) is close to a must in my book.

download install wavelauncher

app switching in 1 gesture

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Guys, please the note is not about software but the uber sized hardware

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Dave, I can't help thinking you post these useless remarks just so you can thank yourself :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Dave, I can't help thinking you post these useless remarks just so you can thank yourself :-)
He wouldn't have to if you Thanked him, you know?

Check his Total Post count, and amounts of Thanks he received.
He doesn't Thank EVERY single post.

(Dave, nice rolling ; )

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/08...bean-revealed/

Thanks.

But WHY samsung WHY ??
Do you have to have a Home button like the iPhone?

Make it a full, flatscreen like the N9 or Gnex.
Perhaps give the screen a slight curve like the NexS/Gnex's.
Use the virtual on-screen buttons from ICS/JB.
Use that space with the Home button, implement the speaker there, so its louder and clearer towards the user. And bump up the speaker on the top, so they are Stereo Loud Speaker.
Don't forget a Notifications light, and a Kickstand.

It's patently obvious!

I'm flattered

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Thanks.

But WHY samsung WHY ??
Do you have to have a Home button like the iPhone?

Make it a full, flatscreen like the N9 or Gnex.
Perhaps give the screen a slight curve like the NexS/Gnex's.
Use the virtual on-screen buttons from ICS/JB.
Use that space with the Home button, implement the speaker there, so its louder and clearer towards the user. And bump up the speaker on the top, so they are Stereo Loud Speaker.
Don't forget a Notifications light, and a Kickstand.

It's patently obvious!
I don't get the picture in that link. Am I looking at the phone frame in a phone or is it just a picture frame? Why is the corner circled?
What on earth am I looking at there?

You are looking at the future. It's a picture frame and the circle is just to pinpoint the new corners.

If this future become reality for us is to early to tell. The picture might come from a parallel universe and it not 100% that it applies here.

Tags
android, galaxy note