Active Topics

Remember the iNdT team's sketches and mock-ups of the next version of Canola? iNdT's Marcelo Oliveira (aka handful) has just posted an update (vide0) on the progress of Canola. Marcelo shows Canola's new gorgeous Picture Viewer and Music Player interface with kinetic scrolling all around and their version of cover flow. The new version of Canola will have all the settings integrated in the app. Marcelo also mentioned that they plan to have other developers extend Canola by creating plug-ins to stream other types of content. Expect to see the first public beta to be released sometime the first week of December. Marcelo also hinted to watch out for another release in 2008 as they add features to Canola, having something to do with the Webkit.
Read the full article.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
This is going to ROCK!

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
The animations look really smooth, the UI looks great AND they are using mplayer as the video player for better compatibility. They really took the version 2 to a different level! I can't wait.

This is totally crazy, I am going to go from door to door of all my friends' to show-off this little piece of coolness. The UI seems so responsive in the video. Canola guys are doing some really good stuff. Inspiration to the others?

wow.. just WOW!

December is gonna be a great month for N800 users: new OS, new Canola... YES!

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Let's hope it is as smooth as the video shows when we'll run it ON the real tablet.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi anidel, It is really smooth, we couldn't be more happy with it. Actually we could if there was no tearing but this is a limitation in for all the application not only canola : /
I will release to you a video of it running in the real device quite soon =)

But hey : I think reggie made a small typo : there's no 3D is pure software using enlightenment foundation libraries (EFL - EVAS) that we ported to 16 bit and did all python bindings!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
he said what???

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi anidel I think you are not the only one imagining how it would run in the device so here it goes :

http://www.marceloeduardo.com/18012007015.mp4

Smoother than that? There's not even need for more CPU / GPU, just no tearing =)

Hope you like it!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
this really makes me proud to be a NIT owner....Apple can go to hell ! (to be polite )
hopefully we'll see a great follow up of plugins !!!

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map