Notices

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
8tracks client for N9 please!

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kent_autistic View Post
8tracks client for N9 please!
Just today I was thinking that this application is needed. You read my mind!

I am willing to learn developing for N9 and was thinking that I would like to take part on this app. I am newbie with any kind of coding but eager to learn.

Is there volunteers? Im in!

Check this out:

http://8tracks.com/

http://8tracks.com/developers

-DcDimmi

The Following User Says Thank You to DcDimmi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Interesting music service, too bad mobile version of the website doesn't work with default or qmlmoz-browser.
I'm not sure but I think QML alone is enough for this api using xmlhttprequest, please do tell if I'm wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
I tried their mobile site using the N9 stock browser, it works well but the music stops when i minimize the window or when I switch to a diff app and when the screen backlight goes to sleep. Also, you have to hit pause then play again for the song to start playing.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 538 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Colombia
I will just leave this here:

It's far from release as I have just started it a couple days ago!

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to munozferna For This Useful Post:
WOOT! Thank you!

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
can we have this on the N900?

Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
can we have this on the N900?

After some quick tests I think it will work, I won't use qt-components but libqtm-11 is required.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to munozferna For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
i just installed an 8tracks app on my wife's very basic, low spec'd android 2.3 phone and i'm surprised that it handles it pretty well.
i tested it on the N900's browser and it stutters when i minimize windows and open apps... really looking forward to a dedicated app for this.

Its already playing sound I will be sharing a beta version next week with some people first to iron out the most obvious bugs.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to munozferna For This Useful Post: