Notices

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
LCARS designer does not want to do it so I'm trying to do one but another theme took me away from this for now.
Well, it's not that I don't want to, I just don't think it's going to work as well with the current UI layout as it did on previous Maemos. I figured the Okuda theme (also Trek-inspired) would be more feasible (and I actually kind of prefer that color scheme anyway) so I decided to start with it. But I've hardly had any time to work on themes for the last few months, so it's been coming along slowly.

I may try to adapt the LCARS themes to Maemo 5 eventually, but since I don't really know if or when that will happen, I certainly appreciate Andrew's efforts.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Ian, I presume that I must have your theme installed that has all of the sound effects but none of the wallpapers as they don't look right?
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
Ian, I presume that I must have your theme installed that has all of the sound effects but none of the wallpapers as they don't look right?
Umm, I'm not sure what you have installed... I haven't released any themes for Maemo 5 yet, and you can't install my old Maemo 4 themes on an N900. (Or at least, you shouldn't be able to; I haven't actually tried, but if they did install they certainly wouldn't work right.)

I did try installing our old lcars-sounds package on my N900 from the Diablo repo, and that seems to work... But it's not a theme, just sound effects. In general though, installing packages from the non-Fremantle repos on an N900 is probably a pretty bad idea.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Yep, that's it. I have the sound effects installed. I love the little noises.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12