Notices

just curious... kinda off topic but can the gps position be locked on if you didn't input a destination? I can't get it to follow the red dot unless i type a destination...

I am using the same version of maploader but on vista, every time i run it with the n900 connected in mass storage mode it says

You have vonnected at least one phone in mass storage mode, reconnect your phone and select pc suite mode.

So i can not download the maps.

http://www.elmotaheda.com

Originally Posted by Doc_Raj View Post
OK, so it works fine when using the Nokia Map Loader in XP. Make sure its in Mass Storage Mode, and then download the maps you want (deleting original map data from device).
When you open up ovi maps, it WILL download data but I think thats related to AGPS because you can VERY QUICKLY scroll across the land mass (in my case the entire UK) and it will already be rendered (even if you zoom right the way in). I'm thinking that even with a fast wi-fi network, you would notice a slight delay before the data was downloaded and rendered but in this case there is no delay and the maps are rendered fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to ehab For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
Are you guys using Jaffa's instructions as a workaround or have you got this to work using maploader?
I've used Jaffa's instructions.

Interestingly, if you compare the files that already exist when overwriting with the ones from the downloaded ZIPs, quite a few of them appear to be the same (at least size-wise) whilst a few other are much bigger (I tried that with Switzerland and my phone was bought in the UK).

I can confirm that the maps loader in mass storage mode does not work on Vista and works on XP.

Ehab

www.elmotaheda.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ehab For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Slovenia
If you have Vista you can use Virtual PC 2007 and virtual drive image.

If you have Windows 7 you can use Windows XP Mode.

With both methods you will probably need to install Net Framework 3.0 on your virtual Windows XP.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ @ México City!!
Originally Posted by awesome View Post
If you have Vista you can use Virtual PC 2007 and virtual drive image.

If you have Windows 7 you can use Windows XP Mode.

With both methods you will probably need to install Net Framework 3.0 on your virtual Windows XP.
Hi everyone!!

Yeah, Map Loader Works for me in a XP Virtual Machine, and I had to install Net Framework 3.0.

Thanks!!

here simple fix, just copy this file to the root of your memory card then map loader will detect your phone.

This is from my N95 8GB. YOU need to remove .zip extension first though as I cant upload files without extensions
Attached Files
File Type: zip qf.zip (239 Bytes, 293 views)

Last edited by rash.m2k; 2010-01-24 at 19:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
here simple fix, just copy this file to the root of your memory card then map loader will detect your phone.

This is from my N95 8GB. YOU need to remove .zip extension first though as I cant upload files without extensions
The Zip file doesn't seem to work. I can't open or extract it...

Originally Posted by Midget010 View Post
The Zip file doesn't seem to work. I can't open or extract it...
you DONT open it or extract it, just rename it and remove the .zip at the end of the filenamee, in windows you will need to make sure file extenstions are showing by going to the folder options menu.

Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
I want to confirm, you put the qf file onto the sd card of the n900, and use it in PC Suite mode right? The file is named qf, not .qf, and not in mass storage mode? What's the explanation for why this works?

I have an n79, so I can copy the qf file off that phone to my n900 too right?

Thanks in advance, it will really help things to work with win 7 64-bit.