Well, my slide sensor decided to not function anymore so could someone tell me where it's located on the phone and/or a Dbus command to make the N900 think it's open.

Thanks.

Ok, I found the location of the sensor and I found the magnet that came off.

The sensor is located just above the "P" and "O" keys.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Just incase you still need it, the files you would need to mess with are located in:

/sys/devices/platform/gpio-switch/slide/

You would of had to:

chmod a+x state
leafpad state

and change the text from 'closed' to 'open'.

The Following User Says Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
may be due to similar type of problem I am unable to multiboot to android.... is there any possibility that we can fool the phone that the keyboard is open after switch off & switch on??????

I have the same problem!

Reffyyyy, can you send some image of where is the sensor located? i opened my n900 and can' t find the sensor!

and.. did you changed the sensor or only repaired it?

richard.lawry, that's the reason i want to make my n900 sensor work again! did you found some solution?

Thanks a lot!!

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
Cannot be modified.

Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
Just incase you still need it, the files you would need to mess with are located in:

/sys/devices/platform/gpio-switch/slide/

You would of had to:

chmod a+x state
leafpad state

and change the text from 'closed' to 'open'.

Originally Posted by matstumpf View Post
I have the same problem!

Reffyyyy, can you send some image of where is the sensor located? i opened my n900 and can' t find the sensor!

and.. did you changed the sensor or only repaired it?

richard.lawry, that's the reason i want to make my n900 sensor work again! did you found some solution?

Thanks a lot!!
hello, i have the same problem, the sensor is not working. i have opened my phone and couldnt find it. could you help me? thanks a lot.

If you need the exact location,you can have a look at the N900 Service Manual Level 1&2.
I had the same problems, but i changed the housing from black to white. When i was done, the slide function was gone. First i thought i did something wrong, but then i found out that the white housing had no magnet. I took the one from the black and now everything is normal again.
Here are some pics (from the manual) that show where the sensor and the magnet is :

You will see the magnet way before the point where you disasemble the screen. It is just a pic to show you where exactly it is.
Hope this helps some of you.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuperDumb For This Useful Post:
I have the same problem!