Ok, Not quite working yet . This is the next big thing I want.. video on my deblet so I can watch movies and what-not. We got sound.. now video.

This is what I've figured out so far... the mplayer binary from the maemo package runs. I built an mplayer package from the maemo garage one and modified some of the file locations (IE: desktop file, remove osso-back config files..) and modified the control file to remove dependencies not in deblet (hildon-something) and changed ones with different names.. (libsdl1.2 = libsdl1.2debian; and a different version of libgtk2). Also I believe we need to same hack that I've described to get flash working (for esd): here. (haven't tested on stock deblet without that change yet)

The config file on maemo needs some changes to work right...

Code:
#/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf
ao=esd
vo=xv,sdl
framedrop=yes
afm=dspmp3,libmad
noslices=true
monitorpixelaspect=1
fs=no
cache=300
subfont-text-scale=3
menu=yes
sws=0
zoom=true
I left the menu.conf file alone. Now using the debian mplayer and playing an AVI file gets choppy sound... but using the maemo binary plays perfect and sound works great. (for avi's... FLV's for some reason not-so-much.)

Now.. I say it plays perfect.. which is true - except not in full screen mode. If you full screen mplayer you just get a little box with the colors all distorted and messed up (same problem I think happened in maemo after applying one of the many useful tricks around here.. like rotation kernel or something.. don't recall).

You can drag and resize the window and it'll look fine.. but flipping to full screen = broke. And also we need to come up with a way to make it so that before mplayer is launched it turns off the 30 second screen dimming... having to hit the screen every 30 seconds while watching a movie gets really annoying . I'm thinking some kind of "mplayer" wrapper script and rename "mplayer" to "mplayer-bin" or something.. the script turns off DIM, plays, and turns on dim when you close mplayer. Soon as we get a package that works I will add it to my deblet repo.

Any thoughts? Comments? Helpful hints?
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I bet Serge could tell you what's wrong. He's the magician behind the video output for maemo mplayer. He's also incredibly helpful when people have problems with mplayer. Try PMing him.

Also, you might want to try one of the optimized mplayer rc2 compiles around here. I know Bundyo made one that took Serge's optimizations and applied them to the rc2 build, and qwerty12 made a really tiny version that plays flv well for the mYTube project. In fact, why don't you try doing what qwerty12 did (but leave in the avi playing), and see if you get a better mplayer build?

Last edited by qole; 2008-09-11 at 16:56.

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
sorry about the post you might have seen before i deleted it.

debians own mplayer works great when you add maemos config exept sound, witch needs to be alsa/oss.

i dont know about avi videos but .flv videos that i have downloaded from youtube, worked well in fullscreen or windowed.

The Following User Says Thank You to meizirkki For This Useful Post:
Easy Debian or Deblet?

Mplayer worked flawless for me in Easy Debian using the Maemo mplayer .. but in Deblet it still goes wacky on full screen.

no, it does not.

right now i am booted to debian. tomorrow i will take video with my camera-phone, when i watch videos with my n810 usind deblets mplayer and upload it to youtube. but now i will sleep. (it is 23.30 here in finland )

Last edited by meizirkki; 2008-10-28 at 21:35.

Here it is on google video.

There is still some problems... Control screen is black adn it shows some error about audio at startup.
But video playback and sound works great. Sorry about the bad quality i took the video at the way to school

Last edited by meizirkki; 2008-10-29 at 07:38.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meizirkki For This Useful Post:
That was an FLV you said?? Interesting.

Maybe one of the optimizations Stskeeps has done since my last test helped fix mplayer... can you try an avi file?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by meizirkki View Post
Here it is on google video.

There is still some problems... Control screen is black adn it shows some error about audio at startup.
But video playback and sound works great. Sorry about the bad quality i took the video at the way to school
Thanks for making a video of the entire Deblet startup. It doesn't have a terribly long boot time.

I think it's funny that you did that with a camera phone on a picnic table in a park on the way to school...

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Thanks for making a video of the entire Deblet startup. It doesn't have a terribly long boot time.

I think it's funny that you did that with a camera phone on a picnic table in a park on the way to school...
It is a floor of a bus stop

I just could not wait to get home

Fatalsaint, avi video i converted with urho konttori's tablet video converter "High Quality (352x208) 3/4 fps" did not play perfect, but i believe that "Action Movie (288x208)" with a 384 bitrate would work fine. I also uploaded better quality video, but for some reason i can not see it on my uploaded videos, ill try again later...

VLC plays both .flv and .avi videos well, but sound is missing

Tags
debian, deblet