Poll: Poll: Would you buy a phone running WP7?
Poll Options
Poll: Would you buy a phone running WP7?

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
There is literally nothing on the market i would even entertain buying right now. I'm going to keep an eye on WP7 developments and if by the time i want to buy a new phone it becomes attractive, i'll buy it. But i'll also keep an eye on MeeGo, if Nokia release one device i'll buy it, just like i bought the only Maemo 5 device. I'm sure MeeGo will have a strong community like this one, and that's enough for me if the OS works properly. The only other option is Android, and i don't trust Google or like how Android works. I'd get used to it if i really had to though. Depending how the N8 updates go, i'd consider that down the line too. I *was* intending on buying the MeeGo device Elop announced today, but now that there won't be one i'm just going to hang onto the N900 until i need to move on or something really catches my eye.

Multitasking is a must!

WP7 hasn't excited me so far. When I first saw their commercials I rolled my eyes but I thought their integration with XBOX LIVE was cool. But then I saw that it wasn't actual integration (e.g. gamers on 360 can play with you on your phone) and I lost interest in it. So far the games on there don't really interest me compared to the 3DS, or Sony's NGP.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I would buy the Windows Nokia phone only if it has dualboot with MeeGo. Two OS in one so atleast I got MeeGo to use while the stupid WIn7 to grow some functionalities like multitasks, tethering etc..

This is pretty dumb things to do for nokia for going with just Win7. Seriously they could just release two OS MeeGo and WinMo and fine tune MeeGo until it is solid then abandon MS crappy functionless Win7

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
does anyone know if Win7 supports Multi cores processors?

Been succesfully avoiding all MS software products for the last 8 years. This is *hardly* a reson to change that..

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RFS-81 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
My last Windows phone was a Cingular branded model 3125 from HTC (The Q-tek) clamshell type smartphone. Everytime you used any application on it you would have to use the task manager to close the app or they would all reside in the memory slowing everything down to a crawl. Every screen was accessed using either the "next" or "back" key and it seemed that you were always pressing them just to do anything on the phone. It really was a pain in the arse. By contrary the I love my N900 and my E71.

Shares in HP must be on the rise

Look i already have windows 95 & 98 on maemo but it runs too slow, nokia non technical bosses, really dont realize what they getting into.

and above all, what cool mobile apps can a MS OS offer?
It will be a worst move then maemo/meego, at various levels, hardware power, lack of decent mobile apps & more waiting in hope for apps to appear = total failure!

if all the above can be overcome then it could be a sucess, similar to netbooks.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
I will use my Kempler & Strauss GSM Watchphone before I buy a Nokia / Microsoft collaborative smartphone !

Hell No!!!