I have RA and it'r pretty advanced in my hands. So even holding a regular pencil is impossible from more then a few moments.

I still use a PDA and found a nice option vs. a stylus. I already knew and used those "fat" pens and mechanical pencils. Well, I found this at Longs Drug Store of all places:

http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=...ductcode=49838

It's a pen/stylus/pencil and just the right size for my hands. It saves me from an otherwise impossible task of writing by hand. So I thought I would share that with you nice people here...

I'm not that old but had RA since I was a child and I am sure most are young-ish and any hand probs are waaaaay off in the future. But if you have a prob or even just want to reduce the strain from the effort it takes to hold a thin stylus or pencil then try one of those Triple Clicks.

BTW, I already know I won't be able to use the stylus in the N800...just too hard to squeeze that tightly even though it is an excellent design and far better than a PDA stylus.

Plus I think the stylus tip is not to soft and not too hard as it has not done any damage to the 3M screen protector on my nx73v Clie in about 6 months now. And I use it a lot.

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
Just throwing this out there, and I don't know if it will help you but I seem to recall seeing a "finger tip stylus" for the Nintendo DS a while back. I never used it myself but it definitely doesn't require you to hold anything so I thought it might be an idea. I don't want to link to any specific product since I haven't ever used one but just google for "ds finger tip stylus" and you'll find what I was thinking of.

The Following User Says Thank You to Johnx For This Useful Post:
hmmm...that certainly sounds VERY interesting. And even better then the pen option. Seriously even with all the meds I use there is never anything such as a pain free day. Something like your finger tip thingy would be GREAT. I'll nose around for one.

I found the ones you mentioned as well as these other variations:

http://www.truetip.com/

And here are the Nintendo DS versions:

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B0007XS...AJRWQMS0NMJ002

Though they didn't get good reviews I think for situations like mine it might be a different story. Only concern is the fit. But geeze they are not expensive so I ordered a set of each type. Worst that case I am out $10.

Thank very much for the suggestion.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Greater Boston
*laughs*

Many years back I was looking at those fingertip stylli and thought, hmmm, I've seen that shape before. Then I remembered, a fingertip guitar pick.

http://images.miretail.com/products/...8157069226.jpg

You can get them for like 50 cents to a buck at your local music store.

The Following User Says Thank You to rtrudel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by rtrudel View Post
Many years back I was looking at those fingertip stylli and thought, hmmm, I've seen that shape before. Then I remembered, a fingertip guitar pick.
Fingertip guitar picks may be made from harder plastics that may scratch touchscreens more readily than items designed to be styluses. Then again, I don't know how much engineering and testing really goes into some of the cheap (or even not-so-cheap) styluses on the market, so it may be a toss up.

So, use a screen protector!

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
Only concern is the fit.

The Stinger fingertip stylus is ADJUSTABLE. (Haven't tried it, but remembered the review.)

http://static.the-gadgeteer.com/fingerstyli-review.html

Originally Posted by rtrudel View Post
*laughs*

http://images.miretail.com/products/...8157069226.jpg

You can get them for like 50 cents to a buck at your local music store.

Oh, excellent idea. Certainly worth a look for sure. I have noticed, as my tablet arrived yesterday and I was up until, well, not long ago, of course. But I noticed the included styli are actually quite hard when compared to those I used on my Clie as well as the one in the Avery pen. That might explain some of the threads I read about some folks having probs with a scratched screen and/or screen overlay.

I will get some of the geeeeee-tar picks too. THANKS.

The fingertip styluses have always felt uncomfortable to me. It feels better to thumb around than for plastic to hit more plastic.

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Fingertip guitar picks may be made from harder plastics that may scratch touchscreens more readily than items designed to be styluses. Then again, I don't know how much engineering and testing really goes into some of the cheap (or even not-so-cheap) styluses on the market, so it may be a toss up.

So, use a screen protector!
Yeah, they might be but I am gonna look for sure though. And yup, I make my own protector's. I accidently bought a package of screen protectors for my laptop's LCD display. But forget to check if they were wide screen format or the old standard square-ish style...of course they were the square sort (well 4:3 anyway, not quite square but you know what I mean) they are a older 3M brand. But I got a 3-pack for $5. It makes a LOT of screen protectors and are actually extremely durable and have no residue. So, all my old PDA's, my better half's cell, her ipod, my Creative Zen Xtra all have screen protectors I custom cut from what I thought was a dumb mistake on my part...of course I still never bought one for our laptops.

I just used that temp flim over the NIT yesterday because, well, I wanted to play.