Got this unit new a few mo ago, late october. First i installed lots of apps here just to test the features of this device and too much daily problems came up.

Then flashed it all clear again to latest PR1.3, now installed apps are PowerKernel (lv/125/900), jenirok, fuelpad, leafpad, flashlight, fmradio, mobile hotspot, qlister, rootsh, xournal, swappolube, and desktop apps: calendar home, conversations inbox,email, omweather

And it works like charm, latest uptime was over a month before reboot, and that wasn't to clear any problems.

Have unlimited 3G and wlan where available, the battery can keep up for 1,5 -2 days and easily 1 day if heavy use surfing, i charge it every night.

I use my N900 as a business phone (w/MfE), communication, net-surf, navi, photos, music, xterm, etc... i already have everything i need i wonder why so much complain and wait for N9?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pocale For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pocale View Post
Got this unit new a few mo ago, late october. First i installed lots of apps here just to test the features of this device and too much daily problems came up.

Then flashed it all clear again to latest PR1.3, now installed apps are PowerKernel (lv/125/900), jenirok, fuelpad, leafpad, flashlight, fmradio, mobile hotspot, qlister, rootsh, xournal, swappolube, and desktop apps: calendar home, conversations inbox,email, omweather

And it works like charm, latest uptime was over a month before reboot, and that wasn't to clear any problems.

Have unlimited 3G and wlan where available, the battery can keep up for 1,5 -2 days and easily 1 day if heavy use surfing, i charge it every night.

I use my N900 as a business phone (w/MfE), communication, net-surf, navi, photos, music, xterm, etc... i already have everything i need i wonder why so much complain and wait for N9?
Uptime of over a month!! I couldn't do that, I mess around with themes and iconsets too often But I know what you mean, the N900 just works for me as well without any problems, in about two years time I'll start looking around what's out there to upgrade to.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
Same here, once I got all needed apps (around150) for me and my kids installed, no any issues but just excellent service. Without peeking to devel-repos, I haven't had any problems from day one to today.. =)

I've being trying to find any better, but no available on the market. let's see what N950 brings and if it is worth for changing

Top apps & widgets: Fmms, email, Browser, Foreca, FM Carkit, FM Transmitter (boosted), calendar, Mobile Hotspot, Maegirls, Sleepanalyzer, Powerkernel, QCPUFreq, Petrovich , SMS Control, TV Out control, qefem, 30 dif games.

Everything seems to be there what I just could imagine.. =D

My n900 is up and working for me reliably as well, very stable and I'm loving it (tm)!

The single app I found to really save battery is Wifi Switcher which lets you kill the Wifi chip when you know you won't be near a network for some time. Highly recommended

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
I find it really hard to beleive that u get 1.5 days heavy usage with 3g 3.5g

Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
I find it really hard to beleive that u get 1.5 days heavy usage with 3g 3.5g
your "heavy usage" might else than mine
however using the phone at work, calling, emailing, messaging and home on the sofa surfing while waching tv, i never end up need to recharge before head on the pillow. and if i forgot to plug it to charger for the night, the battery is decent in the morning for a new day too... but of course i will then recharge it at work to be sure

Last edited by pocale; 2011-02-23 at 09:20.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Well i wake up with a green light, unplug look at conky it reports 91% take battery out put back it, plug charger back in have a shower unplug 91 91% sighhh, leave for work, turn IM chats on and 3g, drive to work do a few things check some emails on the phone 10mins browsing, 71% by lunch im down to 50% by beer oclock time its under 30% and almost dead by the time i get home, its really starting to **** me off because i have so much love for this phone.

Your cell network may be partly responsible for battery drain. Here in the Netherlands I was on the T-Mobile network, and the last couple of months, after 18 hours of use the battery was still about half full.

I switched to Vodafone recently, and immediately the first couple of weeks I could hardly get through the day without recharging! That really sucked, and I was a bit upset at having a 12 month contract with this behaviour. However, over a weekend the battery suddently started lasting longer again, it's now the same as when I was on T-Mobile.

Apparently there's some sort of powersave mode that the cell network operator can engage. I do (subjectively) find that connections take a second or so longer to establish now compared to when the battery ran down quickly, but that's worth it :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to wurtel For This Useful Post:
Its probably explainable by these network side tunings:
http://www.slideshare.net/Sandra4211...wcdma-networks

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
I have found the perfect answer to poor battery life on N900 - get a second device.

I bought an X3-02 a few months ago for my main SIM. It's so small and slim it diminishes the usual arguments against carrying two devices and I have synced all my contacts and calendar from the N900. With a 16Gb Micro SD card and USB OTG, the tiny X3-03 can use the N900 as an external drive and will actually recharge it via the USB adapter.

The second SIM card I now run in the N900 is a Vodafone PAYG and costs just £5/month for 500Mb - hardly going to break the bank. Most of my online time is over WiFi and the battery life is pretty impressive - I can easily get into the second day unless I switch on the phone radios...

When I first bought my N900 I fought hard against the 'It's not a phone - it's a tablet' argument, but I have come to see that N900 really IS fantastic pocket computer with a good smartphone built in, rather than purely a smartphone in itself.

I can heartily recomment the X3-02 as a partner device to the N900 - good telephony, great UI and UX and very decent battery life.

Best of all, provided you can take advantage of WiFi coverage for your data needs, you'll spend less time worrying about the battery of your N900 and more time enjoying all the things it does well.