Posts: 162 | Thanked: 351 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Cotswolds, UK
Now that I have got my N810, the main problems seen so far with running GPE applications on OS2008 have been fixed. All the applications (Calendar, Contacts, Todo, Timesheet, Starling, Filemanager) run and seem to work. The categories crash has been fixed. The event details page now shows up. The gpe-summary homepage applet works (although the alternative gpe-calendar applet does not work yet). gpesyncd seems to work.

The link in the opening post of this thread is still the best way to install.

Graham

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Graham Cobb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Now that I have got my N810,
Thanks for that and enjoy your new device.

I know this probably isn't the place to ask this question, but while reading this thread it reminded me. Is there a configuration option for the GPE summary to show a 12 hour time rather then 24 hour time? For that matter, it probably pulls this from the GPE calendar. I have looked in both applications and don't see a option available to change from 24 hour display to 12. Or, is this how the data is entered (ie, I get my data into calendar using erminig pulling data from google, so maybe its there?).

so glad GPE has been fixed

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Massachusetts
Now if I could just figure out how to get the data from my Palm into it...

It seems like the instant kill switch on the apps has gone from categories to the Calendar. Whenever I try to view month, day, or week it instantly shuts down the application. Does anyone else have this issue?

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Benz145 View Post
It seems like the instant kill switch on the apps has gone from categories to the Calendar. Whenever I try to view month, day, or week it instantly shuts down the application. Does anyone else have this issue?
No problems here...

Do you have some error messages on the xterm if you start GPE from a terminal?

Originally Posted by dubwise View Post
Now if I could just figure out how to get the data from my Palm into it...
I think what I did was boot up Linux, sync my Palm (handheld overwrites desktop) to Evolution, then export the contact, calendar, and task data from there. (Or maybe I synced it to Kontact?) That produced acceptable vcf and vcs files for import to GPE.

Frank

Are there ways in GPE to:
- Bulk delete old appointments? I tried syncing to a Google calendar but that has no easy way to bulk delete either. So I exporting the Google cal, deleted the old stuff and rebuilt it with only current events. When I synced with erming all of the old stuff on GPE got promptly re-added to Google.

- Can the calendar month view be changed to start on Sunday rather than Monday?

- Can the day view be made to extend beyond 6PM without adding a 7PM appointment?

- Can it be configured to work in 15 minute increments? I tap on 5PM to create an appointment and it assumes a 5:30 to 6:30 appointment. Sometimes it assumes a time of 5:15-6:15. There's a lot of tapping to adjust it to the times I really want. I never usually start things at HH:08 so 15 minute chunks would be desirable.

Maybe I should RTM,
Frank

Using the links in the first post, I have successfully installed Todo, Contacts, and Timesheet. However, I am just not having any luck with calendar. After some downloading by the application manager, I get the following error:

"Unable to download gpe-calendar. Application package not found."

Any thoughts on what might be wrong? Prolly something simple I overlooked . . . .

Thanks in advance for any help! I'm looking forward to trying out GPE.