How incredibly frustrating!!

I am assuming that even existing orders won't ship until Dec. If they were going to ship today they would have shipped. If they didn't ship the day they were supposed to, and there is a (somewhat) ambiguous statement on the website indicating Dec. shipping for 'current orders', I think the writing is pretty much on the wall.

eye.surgeon may be correct.

I just had a nice long (well, longer than before) conversation with the order desk. The woman I had spoken to stated that at this time they (the order desk) have _no_ idea when the 770 will come out. She has no additional information other than what we already know. She also was unable to verify that it may take a month before we even see any of the pre-orders. There just isn't enough information.

She did make a comment, however, that as far as she knew, they're trying to get it out the door and that (of course) pre-orders will be shipped first. But at this time, there is no guarantee when those orders will start being sent out.

It's too bad that Nokia corporate hasn't at least said something be it "Yes! We're shipping!" or "No, we apologize for the delay..." We would then have some type of definitive answer and hopefully an approximate date of when we'd expect the units in the mail. It would also have been nice if they updated us, even if it's just a blurb on their 770 page, that the shipment that many were expecting, has been delayed.

I have to say that I am disappointed, I was truly hoping that this would be out shipping today. But mostly I'm disappointed in Nokia. There's obviously a fan base for the 770 already and this lack of communication doesn't reflect well on those who are considering the device. Feeling like you're in the dark is never a pleasant nor satisfying experience.

Mel

Still appears to be out of stock in Europe (even in Finland). Seems like Nokia is using third parties to distribute the units in Europe as well - the Finnish order page displays the following message: "This order will be transacted by Supplies Distributors SA, Rue Louis Blériot 5, 4460 Grâce-Hollogne, Belgium."

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Hong Kong
According to direct.nokia.com/770 The Netherlands and Belgium are 'In stock' again.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by henry
According to direct.nokia.com/770 The Netherlands and Belgium are 'In stock' again.
Yes, and a couple of hours later they are out of stock again.
Believe me, this is a game or something Nokia is playing with us. Or they are just in trouble and have some technical issues preventing them from delivery

I wonder if they have just been overwhelmed by the response. Personally I didn't even know about the thing until Tuesday when I saw it on Slashdot.. and immediately ordered. Maybe their order system has been /.'ed.

dale

Originally Posted by StevenS
Yes, and a couple of hours later they are out of stock again.
Translation: they found one in a cupboard somewhere.

WillS

I went to check on my 770 order today and the status went to "processed on Nov 18 2005 ". (changed from the Nov 14th date)
So maybe there is hope that we can get this by T-Giving?) I want my new toy!

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Swansea,MA USA
Well, I guess it's time to put a mameo development environment together. I'd like to try to port kismet over to the Nokia 770.
If it's going to be mobile it's gotta find access points!