Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
So I'm new to maemo, and to this forum, but I've noticed there is actually quite a few GTA folks lurking around. Would you guys be interested in organizing a meet up? Someplace in Toronto?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
If I wasn't in the middle of a big move and had a bit more cash, I'd even take the trip down from Quebec City for this.

Okay, well alternatively we could do something like Ottawa?

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
haha I feel alone in Montreal... even though zerojay is in Quebec and brunoqc in St-Jerome :-)

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by R-R View Post
haha I feel alone in Montreal... even though zerojay is in Quebec and brunoqc in St-Jerome :-)
For two more weeks anyways.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
Amazon.com will allow a Canadian Billing Address (which is required if you use a canadian cc as the billing address and registration address on the cc must amtch) and then I can ship to a US address to pick up, but its 30 USD more expensive than BUY.com, which won't allow the canadian billing address.
huh? What does that have to do with anything? Crossed posts? *confused*

If we were going to do a Maemo meetup maybe having some purpose/justification for it would help convince people to make it out? I mean I'm in Milton and work in Mississauga, so I'm right around the corner from you there j.m so I'm always up for some Maemo'ing ;-) I've got a few buddies in teh area who are Maemo-ites too, but it'd be pretty cool to have a meetup with Maemo people from around town!

Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
huh? What does that have to do with anything? Crossed posts? *confused*

If we were going to do a Maemo meetup maybe having some purpose/justification for it would help convince people to make it out? I mean I'm in Milton and work in Mississauga, so I'm right around the corner from you there j.m so I'm always up for some Maemo'ing ;-) I've got a few buddies in teh area who are Maemo-ites too, but it'd be pretty cool to have a meetup with Maemo people from around town!
Do you have an n900? that's a pretty good reason to meet up, I haven't even see the thing with my own eyes yet

I'm up for a MTL meet-up

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Man, you guys make me want to use up the rest of my airtline miles...

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by jdazuelos View Post
I'm up for a MTL meet-up
Oh, I'm not alone, welcome aboard