Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
Welectronics.com is suposed to be getting white in soon. They are legit.

Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
Welectronics.com is suposed to be getting white in soon. They are legit.
do u know when? im helding back my $$ to buy an n9 right now because i want the white one baddddd. i even pester negri electronics to sell the white one lol

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
ask four luis, mention ceroberts75 and he may give you a better price.

they well be more expensive at first because they are new and hard to get.. .

he should have it any day. ..was supposed to have them last week and is going to shot me an email as soon as he gets them.

call so you can talk with him directly.

the phone number is on the website.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by zwer View Post
Judging by available firmwares, there are 20 market targets for the White N9 (which is about half of the original targets): Australia (059M5Q0), Bangladesh (059M5Q4), Cambodia (059M5Q9), Central Europe (059M8W9), China (059M7K1), Commonwealth of Independent States (059N0T8), India (059M5Q5), Indonesia (059M5R0), Kazakhstan (059N0V1), Malaysia (059M5Q7), Nepal (059M5R2), New Zealand (059M5Q2), North Europe (059M5R3), Philippines (059N1D5), Singapore (059M5Q8), Sri Lanka (059M5Q3), Switzerland (059M6M9), Thailand (059M5Q6), Ukraine (059N024) and Vietnam (059N151, 059M5R1)

Now, how many of those are in production/available on the market, my guess is as good as any.
Yeah what's in navifirm isn't the best indicator unfortunately
Nokia Australia is still just saying: "We've made no decision."

That doesn't exactly inspire much confidence...
Esp. when they respond to Qns about L800 availability in a more effusive manner a few days later.

But, hopefully more & more countries will know in the next mth.

I bought it one from switzerland; unfortunately is a country variant so I cannot get PR 1.1. Really frustrating...

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Weblover View Post
I bought it one from switzerland; unfortunately is a country variant so I cannot get PR 1.1. Really frustrating...
All except that one batch of Switzerland white N9s come with PR 1.1 preinstalled. And there is no PR 1.1 update for it on Navifirm either. Tough luck, what can I say

Have you tried updating it through NSU - maybe it chooses a different variant for the upgrade (generic Switzerland, 059M6M9)? Or in the end - have you tried to manually flash it? I'd personally try the Country Variant Switzerland CH Black 64GB V1 (059L5H1) for which there is PR 1.1 available - I don't think they differ in hardware at all.

All except that one batch of Switzerland white N9s come with PR 1.1 preinstalled. And there is no PR 1.1 update for it on Navifirm either. Tough luck, what can I say

Have you tried updating it through NSU - maybe it chooses a different variant for the upgrade (generic Switzerland, 059M6M9)? Or in the end - have you tried to manually flash it? I'd personally try the Country Variant Switzerland CH Black 64GB V1 (059L5H1) for which there is PR 1.1 available - I don't think they differ in hardware at all.
Unfortunately NSU can't find anything.
before flashing it I would like to wait some days, maybe tha update will come over the air...
Or do you think that I am so unlucky that I will never come for my model?

Well, if you don't need the PR 1.1 that badly, I suggest you to wait - and to stalk Nokia to see why haven't they released the update, especially since in all the promo materials, videos etc. there is a statement that the white N9 comes with PR 1.1 pre-installed. They will probably release it sooner or later, but a little nudge from disgruntled users couldn't hurt...

If you can't wait, however, you can try flashing it to practically identical firmware used in the CV Switzerland CH Black 64GB (059L5H1), or a generic white 64GB for Switzerland (059M6M9) - I highly doubt there is any difference in hardware that would make those firmwares not work on your device. It's a bit odd that those CV firmwares include _signed in their filename, suggesting that the others might not work (signed bootloader?) but I hope Nokia is not into those shenanigans. Since your original firmware is available, you should always be able to flash it back if the upgraded firmware doesn't work or performs badly, tho...

Well, if you don't need the PR 1.1 that badly, I suggest you to wait - and to stalk Nokia to see why haven't they released the update, especially since in all the promo materials, videos etc. there is a statement that the white N9 comes with PR 1.1 pre-installed. They will probably release it sooner or later, but a little nudge from disgruntled users couldn't hurt...

If you can't wait, however, you can try flashing it to practically identical firmware used in the CV Switzerland CH Black 64GB (059L5H1), or a generic white 64GB for Switzerland (059M6M9) - I highly doubt there is any difference in hardware that would make those firmwares not work on your device. It's a bit odd that those CV firmwares include _signed in their filename, suggesting that the others might not work (signed bootloader?) but I hope Nokia is not into those shenanigans. Since your original firmware is available, you should always be able to flash it back if the upgraded firmware doesn't work or performs badly, tho...
Thank you Zwer; is it any risk to brick the phone reflashing the firmware manually?

There is always a risk of bricking when flashing (especially if your computer freezes or loses the power in the middle of the process) so it's definitely not for the fainthearted. If you're not prepared to take that risk, don't try to flash the phone yourself - if you brick it (really brick it - i.e. the bootloader gets corrupted, or some of the internal HW firmwares gets messed up (like radio firmware); not brick it in the sense that it won't boot as that one is salvageable) you'll need a special hardware and to disassemble it to directly write to the HW firmware storage(s), which in the real world only a professional service can do (Nokia Care, for example). Also, some people reported (for other devices, tho) that Nokia refused to accept their warranties after they've flashed their devices by themselves...

That being said, I've flashed my N900 probably a hundred, and the N9 a good dozen times (including downgrades, using different product codes, complete refurbish with EMMC flashed as well, etc.) and not once have I bricked them unintentionally. The only device I've flashed and bricked in the process was my GF's old C7, but even then the boot loader or the rest of the hardware firmwares didn't get corrupted so a dead device reflash salvaged it quite easily. In the past 10 years, flashing and modifying all sorts of hardware, the only time I actually had to take the hardware to professional service was when I bircked my motherboard BIOS and the backup one refused to load - turned out that the backup EPROM chip was malfunctioning, had it worked correctly I would be able to salvage it by myself as well.

But yes, the risk is always there, and if you can't accept it - wait for the official update!