Notices

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Wuppertal, Germany
Crashes for me on an empty MP3 file. Message is below:

Invalid ID3 tag: Can't open /media/mmc1/mp3/xyz.mp3: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
Removing /media/mmc1/mp3/xyz.mp3 since we could not identify it sufficiently
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/MediaCenter", line 2750, in <module>
if __name__ == '__main__': main()
File "/usr/bin/MediaCenter", line 2246, in main
songprocessor.getIDTags()
File "/usr/bin/MediaCenter", line 1848, in getIDTags
self.saveTagList()
File "/usr/bin/MediaCenter", line 1645, in saveTagList
saveString=fileName+"##==##"+songlist[i]
IndexError: list index out of range

Sounds like an error trapping oversight.

Then again, why would you try to open an empty MP3?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by konttori View Post
zerojay:
Of course I can, but why would I do that?
It's your program and you can do what you want with it, but I find the kinetic scrolling (as well as the whole "let's make every app look like it's made by Apple" fad currently taking over UI designers everywhere) really annoying. Of course, I'm in the minority on that, I'm sure. I just thought the option would be nice.

Hi Konttori,

Thank you for a great application!!! I appreciate the time and effort that you put into this program!

Joe O

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
updated last night, still having the same problem. I can open the app, but as soon as I click on the download button or stream or whatever, it closes. boom.

I can't scroll... never could actually even on 1.4
What's wrong with me? I watched the video, tried scrolling with the thumb, the stylus... nothing works.
I really want to use this player.

Don't have much to contribute... but I just wanted to express my appreciation for konttori's hard work.

Hi, konttori. Thanks for all of your work on ukmp (& uktube). It looks great. I just haven't been able to use it fully yet. Here's my situation. On one of my cards I have the directory structure [card]/Audio/oggs/ which is where I have my music files. In it are lots of ogg files and five mp3s. In album view, I have six albums listed: the five mp3s and "Nanny Oggs." The "Nanny Oggs album" contains all of my ogg files. Obviously, since I've never heard of Nanny Oggs, and my ogg music files are quite varied, this is not right. I tried changing the /Audio/oggs/ directory to /Audio/music/, but now the album cover is for the Fratellis. Is there something I can do or need to do to correct this problem so that I can see all of my music files as ukmp is intended? I would love to use ukmp

EDIT: I ran it from xterm just now to see if there were any options or if I could see any errors. After it processes my music files, it repeats:
File does not exist:/media/mmc1/covers/UNKNOWN_UNKNOWN.jpg
images disabled for maemo

It repeats this many times (presumably as many times as I have ogg files). Nevermind, there aren't enough of these messages. It must be related to some other files (it's on the card w/out the audio files ).

Also, just FYI, I noticed it tries to load modules for a cdrom and joystick.

Last edited by Rtalian; 2007-07-24 at 20:00.

Originally Posted by ColdFusion View Post
I can't scroll... never could actually even on 1.4
What's wrong with me? I watched the video, tried scrolling with the thumb, the stylus... nothing works.
I really want to use this player.
I can't scroll either

Hi Urho,

Kinetic scrolling indeed looks nice! One question though. When I come back to Albums list from a certain album by touching Albums button quickly, the list will appear on the screen scrolling. If i press the button more longer and release, the list will appear not scrolling. I guess this is intended behaviour?

I usually listen a lot of mix albums, like livesets which tend to be quite long tracks...like 60mins or more. Is fast forward and rewind planned for future releases? Also some sort of an easy and quick screen lock might be nice.

Anyways, thanks for the great application. Here everything seems to work smoothly!

EDIT: Switching between audio/video modes seems to be quite hard with a finger. It almost always starts scrolling the list Maybe a bit bigger buttons for them?

Last edited by Jaykie; 2007-07-24 at 20:34.