Notices

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by gowen View Post
I'd second having the volume level maintained between sessions. Not worried about an Equalizer though. Seems a lot of work for no real benefit.
I'm working on the volume issue. You can expect it in SVN soon.

Yes a small whats new doc to show the just added functions since you've already made a good walk through, well don't want to ask too much you are already doing a lot and thanks.

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
This sounds like a very interesting project, and I hope to try it out as soon as I get my system working :-)

I did have a couple thoughts though.

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Originally Posted by 412b
2. D-Pad Left/Right for Prev/Next.
I'd rather have Left/Right "scrub" through the recording. This is especially useful for speech or audio books. Up/Down would be better for going to Prev/Next track.

Equalizer: I have no idea how much work it would be, but I can't believe anyone would call it "no benefit" - I use EQ a LOT. Even a bass/mid/treble adjustment helps a lot of recordings.
For inspiration, you could check out the plugins for Audacity. Now there's a program I'd like to try on the tablet too

Hi pycage,
i have another question. I have a few hundred pictures on my tablet. As there is only a single column for scrolling, it is quite difficult to go to a certain picture for viewing it.
Taking quiver for an example (still not in diablo ): there you can choose between different "layouts" for your picture browsing i.e. 1 column thumbs and full picture to the right side like it is in mediabox right now or the screen filled with thumbs (several columns) which is great for going through large numbers at higher speed. Is there a plan for implementing something like this in mediabox (perhaps this is already implemented in 0.96, if so don't bother).

Thank's MiBi

I have plans for redesigning the image viewer. But these plans are for 0.97. I don't want to delay 0.96 because of this.

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
In the svn releases, titles of songs are not displayed when using the Internet Radio. Also I found if I listen to one station then go to another station, mediabox will switch me back to the first station after a few minutes. What is the Home icon for?

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
I have plans for redesigning the image viewer. But these plans are for 0.97. I don't want to delay 0.96 because of this.
Great to hear.

Thanks for your continuing efforts. Looking forward to 0.96 for now. Any release timeline on the horizont ?

Mibi

Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
In the svn releases, titles of songs are not displayed when using the Internet Radio. Also I found if I listen to one station then go to another station, mediabox will switch me back to the first station after a few minutes. What is the Home icon for?
Thanks for reporting these bugs.

The home icon is a 3rd party plugin from Hugo Baldasano. It's a remote control for UPnP-enabled light bulbs in your home. It's not a core part of MediaBox, but it's in the same SVN, thus the SVN version has it included.

Originally Posted by MiBi View Post
Great to hear.

Thanks for your continuing efforts. Looking forward to 0.96 for now. Any release timeline on the horizont ?

Mibi
I guess it'll be in early October.

hi after the updates this morning it seems something broken the radio is not working whilst it was before, the home applet radio works well but listening through mediabox player is not working it try's buffering but unable to connect even though connection is ok, i always boot the device so as to enable the new functions if it need be, will try to see what is happenning. anyone having such issue and fix.

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Tags
media player, mediabox